Lead Data Analyst
We have rapidly grown into a truly global company since our launch in 2008 and we’re continuing to grow. Our family now includes partner boutiques and brands across Europe, North and South America and Asia; we demonstrate our ‘Think Global’ value in everything we do.
We are a global team of over 1,500 people and have offices based in London, New York, L.A., Porto, Guimaraes, Lisbon, Sao Paulo, Shanghai, Moscow, Hong Kong & Tokyo.
We are a company with an entrepreneurial spirit and innovative culture. We are positive, passionate and live our values: Be Human, Be Brilliant, Todos Juntos, Be Revolutionary, Think Global and Amaze Customers day to day.
Our world class Product team is responsible for our customer’s journey through our platforms. Developing our website, mobile app and back office systems, they help to create the iconic ‘Farfetch’ look and feel, and champion our customers by designing impactful products and loveable experiences that satisfy their wants & needs. They’re true ambassadors of our business and ensure we're at the forefront of the latest technology while demonstrating our ‘Be Revolutionary’ value. The Product teams are based across our offices in London, Porto and Lisbon, and so living our ‘Todos Juntos’ and ‘Think Global’ values are really important to how we succeed together.
The Product Analytics team supports all Product clusters, delivering analysis and insight that champions our customers and drives data driven decisioning and maximises value.
This role requires a strategic business thinker who can manage a talented team to deliver high value analysis from our vast datasets, in an agile fashion – increasing sales through improved customer experience, website and app conversion, and AB testing.
We’re looking for a proactive candidate who can not only produce brilliant analysis, but who is commercially aware, will influence business priorities, drive improvements in our toolset & data roadmap, and provide inspirational management and personal development for our fabulous team.
We are a large team with a diverse set of stakeholders, and we’re keen to personalise the role to make the most of your skills, experience and strengths. You’ll be managing a team of 3-5 analysts, focusing on either personalisation, inspiration & discovery, or on product display, checkout and experimentation. The team has rapid growth planned in 2018 and we expect you to play a leading role in shaping who we are and what we do - to add most value to farfetch, and keep this a brilliant place to work.
What you'll do:
- Coordinate and coach the Product Analytics team, including activity planning and refining working methodologies in order to ensure we deliver maximum insight and value to the Product teams, in an agile fashion
- Act as a partner to Product clusters and the Product leadership team, understanding & influencing their business goals, initiatives in plan and how we measure success
- Collaborate with the research, data science and data teams across farfetch to create one impactful story, share best practice, form joint roadmaps and avoid duplication
- Deliver great analysis using SQL and BI tools, and our vast and varied datasets, providing high value and actionable insight
- Recommend and analyse A/B or multivariate tests, using statistical analysis
- Formulating success metrics for Product clusters, creating dashboards/reports to monitor them;
- Work with the data & BI teams to ensure data and reporting is timely and accurate
Who you are:
- Highly experienced in the Data Analytics field, using SQL on vast datasets (minimum 5 years)
- Highly experienced in team management and leadership roles
- Able to leverage data analysis to solve real-world problems and create solutions
- Excellent strategic thinker with solid analytical skills, ideally developed in a commercial role (preferably within an Internet or retail/consumer products business and/or management consulting)
- A graduate (bachelor degree or higher) from Computer Science, Math, Engineering, Statistics or similiar discipline
- Savvy with Excel and SQL
- Experienced with BI/data visualization tools (e.g., SSRS, Tableau, Looker, Qlikview etc.)
- Able to communicate and give presentations to all audiences
- Fluent in the English language, both written and spoken
- Enjoys working in a fast moving operational environment, and gets involved in shaping change
- Enthusiastic and with a positive attitude
- Committed to provide a high level of customer service to internal customers
We love hearing from you and want you to be as ambitious as we are, but before applying please ask yourself the following…
- Is this role a good match for me and my long term goals? We want to really know why you have chosen this career.
- Do I have all the skills and experience required for this role? Be realistic. We will only consider applications that demonstrate relevant skills or the potential to match the role requirements.
- Spell Check. As simple as it sounds make sure your application is to the highest standard. You will be surprised at how many applications we receive with spelling mistakes on them.
We are committed to equality of opportunity for all staff, applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.