About the department:
Consisting of more than 100 people split across 10 teams, we look after both digital and brand marketing. We're a team of experts across Performance Marketing, SEO, CRM, Analytics and Data Science, Media Solutions, Editorial, Online Communications, PR & Brand Events and Creative.
Working across all of the global markets, we make sure Farfetch remains high and mighty with both new and existing customers; all the while setting the brand apart from our competitors and making sure we're always one step ahead of the curve.
About the role:
We’re looking for a Market Editor to come on board and join our growing Editorial function here at Farfetch. You will collaborate across the business to identify the best, most covetable, most individual, unique items and brands on Farfetch to feature in Editorial content, shoots & campaigns.
You will be the key driver within the Editorial team in terms of bringing back insights from your time travelling with the Buying team during Market, to gauge the trends of the season and determine the strongest brands & products of the season. We’re looking for a true innovator, someone who forward thinks and can bridge the gap between our Editorial, Buying & Marketing teams.
What you’ll do:
- You will compile and communicate trend reports to the business post shows
- You will liaise with our Buying team to learn of new and upcoming brands within our boutiques seasonal buy, or exclusive products they are due to launch
- You will work with the wider Editorial team to forward plan stories
- You will ensure product is commercially viable and correct for all site editorial and additional areas of the website
- You will travel during market to gauge trends of the season and determine the strongest brands and products of the season, accompanying the Buying team on attending shows and showroom appointments
- You will work closely with the Editorial leads to contribute ideas for trend/product stories and ideas for features
- You will work with Stylists brought in for Editorial shoots to ensure the best and most relevant product is featured
- You will be the point of contact between Stylists & PR’s to help us get the right product for the right shoots
- You will act as an ambassador for Farfetch & establish a strong sense of fashion authority for us in the industry
Who you are:
- You have proven experience compiling reports and monthly analysis around global retail trends
- You have experience working as a Market Editor for a global fashion brand, specifically within e-commerce
- You have a good eye for beautiful products and a luxury taste level
- You have expert knowledge of the global luxury fashion industry, including key global fashion brands both established and new
- You are a true collaborator and work well within a large team
- You have experience working with Stylists on campaign shoots
- You have a real sense of runway looks and what trends are happening each season, with experience attending global Fashion Weeks’ twice yearly (Milan, Paris, New York & London)
- You are able to work efficiently with a solutions focused approach within a high growth environment
- You have existing, strong relationships with contacts at various PR agencies globally (specifically Milan, Paris, New York & London)
- You have good commercial awareness and know what makes a good Editorial story
- You have excellent writing skills with experience working with Editorial teams to forward plan stories
- You have proven experience briefing buyers on new trends ahead of buying appointments
- You have solid experience surveying market and competitors, pulling together seasonal recap reports
- You have proven experience designing and creating presentations using Adobe Design Suite to a high level, and presenting to senior stakeholders
We can’t wait to receive your application. But before you send it to us, here are some helpful tips to make sure your application is as strong as it can be.
- Have you set out why this role is a good match for your career aspirations and that you have the skills and experience required? We want you to be as clear about your future ambitions as we are and whilst we encourage people to learn, develop and grow, you will need to hit the ground running.
- Have you checked spelling and grammar? We have high standards and you don’t want to miss out because of something as easily correctable as a typo.
We are committed to equality of opportunity for all employees. Applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.