Lead Data Scientist - Ranks
We are looking for a Lead Data Scientist to join Farfetch in building the next-generation intelligent platform for online luxury fashion, powered by large-scale data and state of the art Machine Learning, Deep Learning, Information Retrieval and Natural Language Processing algorithms.
You will join a talented team of Data Scientists and Engineers working on the ranking ecosystem which serves, daily, millions of optimized listing pages to customers everywhere in the world. As a team lead you will be empowered to drive new initiatives and deliver solutions which will contribute directly to the area’s ambitious goals.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Apply advanced Machine Learning (ML) and Learning to Rank techniques to drive business decisions;
- Mentor and help develop team members, while keeping focus on goals and deliverables;
- Empower the team and help guide research and development, with senior of novel intelligent approaches and solutions for the ranking problem;
- Help the business define Data Science strategy and work on new ways to make the most of data.
- Work closely with the engineering team members to integrate ML algorithms into the platform;
- Help in the design of new features in the product, and drive innovation inside the company through the use of disruptive technologies;
- Help find new talent for building the next-generation of Farfetch data scientists;
- Scientific and technical publications are possible and encouraged.
WHO YOU ARE
- Preferably have a MSc or PhD in related topics such as Machine Learning, Information Retrieval, Signal Processing, Speech Processing or Optimization;
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in a Data Science related role, preferably in a leadership role;
- Good understanding of Information Retrieval, Learning to Rank (e.g., RankNet, ListNet, lambdaMART), algorithm performance metrics (e.g., NDCG);
- Fluent in Python, common numerical and Math & ML packages (NumPy, SciPy, scikit-learn, pandas, Keras, TensorFlow, PyTorch);
- Non-relational databases (e.g., cassandra, Big Query) and streaming platforms know-how (e.g., kafka) is a plus;
- Strong communication skills, both written and spoken, English mandatory
- Be interested to keep up to date with scientific advancements.