Product Designer (Back Office)
We’re ambassadors for the business, pushing the boundaries of what's technologically possible, and creating most of the platforms that we use from scratch. We like to apply a bit of revolutionary thinking to everything we do.
About the role:
You will be a creative thinker and technical problem solver who is excited to design the internal tools that solve our unique business needs. This can range from creating an interface for our boutiques that processes the orders they receive, to a tool that controls the pricing of their products. You have previous experience in the end-to-end design process and are keen to follow a lightweight, evidence-based approach where learning shapes the design along the way.
You have formal design training and take pride in creating, evolving and protecting the interactions and patterns that allow us to scale our platform.
You’re a team player who recognises that your efforts are one significant part of a much bigger picture. You’re used to working closely with a multi-disciplined team of developers, researchers, other designers and product owners to problem solve and learn fast. Join the team that’s making a difference every day to an exciting platform
What you’ll do:
- You will produce intuitive, innovative and delightful user experiences for a range of back-office products
- You will work collaboratively within an Agile process with; other product designers, user researchers, product owners and developers
- You will create solutions that incorporate all of the elements of a great experience while working within the established patterns of our ever-evolving design system
- You will deﬁne and communicate the UX direction using appropriate tools and deliverables to describe intent
- You will champion user experience and advocate the best design for our end users
- You will bring inspiring ideas and motivation to an energetic and collaborative team
Who you have:
- You are ideally have experience as a digital product designer
- You are from a BA/BSc/MA in HCI, Information Systems, Computer Science or Design discipline
- You are experienced in working with digital products, e-commerce and/or a digital creative agency
- You are an excellent verbal and written communicator
- You are able and willing to travel to other Farfetch offices when required
- You are curious about how things work and a passion for emerging technologies and all things interactive
- You are proficient in at least one rapid prototyping tool
- Additionally, you may have:
- Experience gleaning insights from data and or working with Data Scientists
- Experience in conducting or participating in User Testing and/or working with User Research teams
We can’t wait to receive your application. But before you send it to us, here are some helpful tips to make sure your application is as strong as it can be.
- Have you set out why this role is a good match for your career aspirations and that you have the skills and experience required? We want you to be as clear about your future ambitions as we are and whilst we encourage people to learn, develop and grow, you will need to hit the ground running.
- Have you checked spelling and grammar? We have high standards and you don’t want to miss out because of something as easily correctable as a typo.
We are committed to equality of opportunity for all employees. Applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.