Creative Manager - Consumer Product Design
We are responsible for creating meaningful, engaging, beautiful experiences that create emotional connections with our customers. We work hard to understand user needs, champion them and protect them throughout the product design process. We have two teams - one in London and one in Porto and work in clusters across our suite of products including web, mobile and instore.
We’re ambassadors for the business, pushing the boundaries of what's technologically possible, and creating most of the platforms that we use from scratch. We like to apply a bit of revolutionary thinking to everything we do.
What You’ll do:
- Design direction; manage, direct and oversee multiple design projects for our flagship consumer products ensuring a consistent creative voice
- Lead & inspire; challenge and ideate with the team to deliver the brand vision create amazing products
- Manage & protect; champion user experience and advocate the best design experience for our users
- Brand guardian; advise on all brand and creative work, ensuring guidelines are adhered to, working with Product Designers to achieve this vision
- Quality control; ensure that all product design is done with a full understanding of best practice by delivering continuous review and critique of output
- Tools & processes; protect and champion a toolkit that ensures the visual design language is easily applicable and scalable for the consumer team
- Stakeholder management; establish your role and internal profile as a key design lead for design approvals, whilst creating a process that makes execution efficient
- Strategic planning; challenge design proposals to ensure they’re appropriate and in line with broader business goals
Who You Are:
- Ideally, 7+ years’ experience as a digital product designer
- BA/BSc/MA in HCI, Graphic / Visual Design, Information Systems, Computer Science or similar preferred
- Be the expert, best practice; web, native, product, ux and UXR
- Design methodology knowledge, agile, lean & design thinking. When and what to employ from each
- Experience in strategic design and creative development from initial concept to finished design in agency and in-house environments
- Experience owning a project vision, execution, quality control and stakeholder relationship
- Expert knowledge of Adobe CC/Sketch or relevant design software and prototyping tools of your choice
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Be curious about how things work and have a passion for emerging technologies and all things interactive.
- Able and willing to travel to other Farfetch global offices when required
We love hearing from you and want you to be as ambitious as we are, but before applying please ask yourself the following…
- Is this role a good match for me and my long term goals? We want to really know why you have chosen this career.
- Do I have all the skills and experience required for this role? Be realistic. We will only consider applications that demonstrate relevant skills or the potential to match the role requirements.
- Spell Check. As simple as it sounds make sure your application is to the highest standard. You will be surprised at how many applications we receive with spelling mistakes on them.
We are committed to equality of opportunity for all staff, applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.
Please kindly note that all applications submitted must have an English CV and English portfolio.