About the role:
This role is responsible for art directing and editing the editorial content on Farfetch and for ensuring that layouts are of a high quality and on brand. The Art Editor will work on editorial photoshoots, as directed by the Creative Director, and will take ownership for the planning and production of the shoot. You will also ensure the brief is followed in terms of the mood, styling, hair & make up. The ideal candidate is someone with a creative eye who has a real passion and understanding of the luxury fashion industry.
What you’ll do:
- You will design homepages and editorial stories that are high quality and on brand
- You will work with the editorial team on layouts and assets
- You will create a template for editorial shoots and update this quarterly
- You will continuously research photographers and creative teams for shoots
- You will work on editorial shoots with the Creative Director; including selecting a team, preparing hair & make up briefs and the shoot production
- You will keep an eye on the running of the shoot day and ensure results are delivered
- You will edit images and write re-touching notes
- You will create a shoot scrap book for distribution to our Marketing, Social and PR teams
- You will shoot social media images, working in collaboration with our Social Media team
- You will present layouts and projects to the wider team in weekly meetings and ensure that any updates/changes are actioned in a timely manner
- You will support on special ad hoc projects when required
Who you are:
- You have previous experience as an Art Editor or Art Director within the fashion industry
- You have proven experience directing photoshoots and are comfortable working on weekly/monthly shoots
- You are excited about working in a fast-paced environment and can work to tight deadlines
- You are a true creative and are always thinking of new shoot ideas
- You are a strong communicator; you can clearly brief others and present ideas
- You are an advanced Photoshop / Illustrator / InDesign user
- Experience using AfterEffects, Premiere & Sketch would be beneficial
- You are always professional when representing Farfetch on shoots both locally and when travelling
We can’t wait to receive your application. But before you send it to us, here are some helpful tips to make sure your application is as strong as it can be.
- Have you set out why this role is a good match for your career aspirations and that you have the skills and experience required? We want you to be as clear about your future ambitions as we are and whilst we encourage people to learn, develop and grow, you will need to hit the ground running.
- Have you checked spelling and grammar? We have high standards and you don’t want to miss out because of something as easily correctable as a typo.
We are committed to equality of opportunity for all employees. Applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.