Principal Product Owner - Back Office
Who we are
We have rapidly grown into a truly global company since our launch in 2008 and we’re continuing to grow. Our family now includes partner boutiques and brands across Europe, North and South America and Asia; we demonstrate our ‘Think Global’ value in everything we do.
We are a global team of over 1,500 people and have offices based in London, New York, L.A., Porto, Guimaraes, Lisbon, Sao Paulo, Shanghai, Moscow, Hong Kong & Tokyo.
We are a company with an entrepreneurial spirit and innovative culture. We are positive, passionate and live our values: Be Human, Be Brilliant, Todos Juntos, Be Revolutionary, Think Global and Amaze Customers day to day.
FOR THE TECH REVOLUTIONARIES. THE ONES WHO SEE THE FUTURE AND MAKE IT HAPPEN
Our world class Product team is responsible for ensuring that our customer’s journey is seamless across all of our platforms and designed and executed to high standards. Focusing heavily on UX & Digital Design, the teams are currently split across our three offices in London, Porto and Lisbon. Working across 3 main verticals, Front Office , Backoffice and Mobile they have helped to create the iconic ‘Farfetch’ look and feel. They’re true ambassadors of our business and ensure they’re always at the forefront of the latest technology, even creating most of the platforms that we use from scratch; they truly demonstrate our ‘Be Revolutionary’ value in everything they do.
We are looking for a Principal Product Owner to work on complex cross functional initiatives across Back Office Product areas. The Backoffice Products are comprise of a set of Products and processes that span across Digital Production, Merchandising Operations, Pricing Management, Supply Chain and Finance.
You will collaborate with highly skilled engineers, business experts and others in a fast moving, multi-disciplinary environment and making sure our platform capabilities fit the need of Customers;
Above all you will have a hand on building the next level platform for the fashion luxury industry.
What you’ll do:
- Drive business outcomes by leveraging best in class processes and Products across Back Office areas;
- Influence the Product Vision based on the needs of our Platform Customers;
- Lead the definition of processes and platform configuration for large and complex implementations programmes (e.g. onboarding of new Brands; addition of new cross-functional capabilities, enablement of new Platform Partners)
- Assure end-to-end function solution Integrity for the Back Office Products;
- Identify new areas of opportunities and drives cross-functional optimizations and definition of new Products capabilities;
- Lead scope definition and Domain do-ability exercises for large and complex capabilities and implementation projects;
- Contribute and support the development of junior resources across Back Office;
Who you are:
- Knowledge on Retail processes and solutions, mastering at least one of the areas in Back Office Products (e.g.: Merchandising Management, Supply Chain Management);
- Excellent problem-solving, organizational and analytical skills, with the ability to evolve product strategy based on research, data and industry trends;
- Knowledge and experience in implementation of complex Retail projects spanning across several retail domain areas;
- Excellent communication skills (English is mandatory);
- Adaptable to a very fast paced and consistently growing and changing environments;
- Solid interpersonal skills in a multicultural and cross functional network;
We love hearing from you and want you to be as ambitious as we are, but before applying please ask yourself the following…
- Is this role a good match for me and my long term goals? We want to really know why you have chosen this career.
- Do I have all the skills and experience required for this role? Be realistic. We will only consider applications that demonstrate relevant skills or the potential to match the role requirements.
- Spell Check. As simple as it sounds make sure your application is to the highest standard. You will be surprised at how many applications we receive with spelling mistakes on them.
We are committed to equality of opportunity for all staff, applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships