Sustainable Business Analyst
About the role:
In the role as Sustainable Business Analyst, you will be a key part of the Sustainable Business team and work closely with senior leaders both in the team and throughout Farfetch. The Sustainable Business vision for Farfetch has a set of clear goals - reducing our carbon footprint, increasing sales of more conscious products, growing our revenues from more circular business models, and driving internal and external engagement and action on sustainability. The Sustainable Business Analyst will be key in achieving all of them by providing clear data, reporting and guidance on what we are delivering, why we are (or aren’t) and how we should best manage and communicate results.
What you’ll do:
- Deliver in 3 key areas:
- Give the team, the business, and external stakeholders a clear understanding of our progress towards each of our goals (and the drivers of each) - ‘the what’
- Deliver digestible insights as to why we are, or are not, making progress towards particular goals, based on analysis and insight, and make recommendations based on this - ‘the why’
- Develop the systems to allow us to easily and efficiently track, manage and communicate those results - ‘the how’.
- Work with the Sustainable Business Director/Managers and other business managers (from various functions), to ensure the above meets the business needs.
- Build and use a range of tools/resources (e.g. Excel, Google Analytics, Looker, Tableau) to deliver the above.
- Ensure the accuracy of data and reports and ensure the highest quality of standards.
Who you are:
- a university degree, in physical sciences, maths, computer science, engineering or business/economics, with a minimum 2:1 in your chosen subject or equivalent
- excellent verbal and written communication skills
- good general problem-solving skills
- technical skills for processing and analysing large amounts of data such as:
- Excel / SQL
- Web analysis tools, eg. Google Analytics
- knowledge of tracking systems and websites/ BI/ data warehousing, etc.
- Python (preferred)
- some understanding of the e-commerce, technology or luxury fashion industries
- experience in or passion for sustainability and/or sustainable fashion.
- flexible, approachable, and comfortable dealing with ambiguity
- good at scoping work with keen attention to detail
- comfortable working to deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- passionate about the ability of the business to drive positive change.