Design Operations Manager
We’re ambassadors for the business, pushing the boundaries of what's technologically possible, and creating most of the platforms that we use from scratch. We like to apply a bit of revolutionary thinking to everything we do.
The Design Operations and Programme team is at the centre of our growing department. We’re here to enable designers and researchers to do truly exceptional work. We mostly do this by planning and managing our portfolio to maximise the impact of design; improving collaboration between disciplines; providing tooling, frameworks and facilitating self-organisation to solve problems. We’re passionate about making Farfetch a place where it’s easy to do seriously great work.
We have a small team of programme leads and are growing an agile, multi-disciplinary team to build a shared Design System for all of our platforms and products.
About the role:
You’ll work closely with our Design Managers and User Research Managers to identify and prioritise opportunities to streamline and improve our work, maximise the impact of our teams and create a working environment and culture that is inspiring, energising and collaborative.
What you’ll do:
- You will increase efficiency, effectiveness and impact of designers and researchers, through design and implementation of tools, templates and working practices
- You will oversee the team building a Farfetch Design System
- You will work with our programme leads to build and maintain the roadmap for design and research teams, communicating and measuring progress, issues, risks and opportunities
- You will ensure appropriate allocation of people and investment to current product roadmaps and internal projects, and that future demand can be met on time
- You will work closely with People Team on recruitment strategy, its implementation and onboarding new staff
- You will strengthen our creative and energetic work environment and culture, making sure we share failures, successes and lessons with each other and the outside world
- You will line manage and develop programme leads
Who you are:
- You are a product or programme manager with a strong understanding of design and research practices, or a designer who has led multiple workstreams
- You are an experienced team leader and people manager
- You are an exceptionally organised, creative problem solver who understands the value of testing and adapting based on evidence and user need
- You are comfortable in environments of rapid growth and change, able to make space for urgent as well as important priorities
- You are an empathetic and clear communicator who can adjust their style to suit multiple audiences and channels
- You are great at building relationships and able to influence across locations, cultures and disciplines
- You are willing to travel to Portugal and other global offices
- You are passionate about user-centred product and service design, technology and emerging ideas in the field
- You have experience or knowledge of luxury retail is a plus
We can’t wait to receive your application. But before you send it to us, here are some helpful tips to make sure your application is as strong as it can be.
- Have you set out why this role is a good match for your career aspirations and that you have the skills and experience required? We want you to be as clear about your future ambitions as we are and whilst we encourage people to learn, develop and grow, you will need to hit the ground running.
- Have you checked spelling and grammar? We have high standards and you don’t want to miss out because of something as easily correctable as a typo.
We are committed to equality of opportunity for all employees. Applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.