Design System- Lead Developer
We’re ambassadors for the business, pushing the boundaries of what's technologically possible, and creating most of the platforms that we use from scratch. We like to apply a bit of revolutionary thinking to everything we do.
The Design Operations team is at the centre of our growing department. We’re here to enable designers and researchers to do truly exceptional work. We have a small team of programme leads and are growing a multi-disciplinary team to build a shared Design System for all of our platforms and products.
Our ambition is to iteratively build a world-class and user-centred Design System and share it with the world.
About the role:
We are looking for an experienced full-stack developer, with a leaning toward strong front-end experience, to lead development of our Design System. As the first developer on the team, you’ll set standards and set the tone for how development is done.
We have completed a discovery phase to validate the need for a system, and are about to start creating of a minimum viable product.
The team will be co-located in London, and will collaborate closely with our product development teams all over the world. In particular, the engineering lead will be working closely with our front-end architecture team in Porto.
What you’ll do:
- Shape the approach to development of the design system website
- Lead iterative development of responsive website to host a design system
- Set up and maintain the development environment, with support
- Configure analytics and research tools
- Help to write or guide creation of components, with our architecture team and other developers, setting standards for inclusion and documentation
Who you are:
- You have experience taking the lead and making decisions
- You have strong collaboration and communication skills
- A strong interest in emerging technologies and a willingness to experiment
- Able to travel to Porto and other offices. We travel during office hours and offer flexible working here in London.
- Experience working with or establishing Design Systems is a plus
- Experience with server languages, operations, QA or unit testing is a plus
We can’t wait to receive your application. But before you send it to us, here are some helpful tips to make sure your application is as strong as it can be.
- Have you set out why this role is a good match for your career aspirations and that you have the skills and experience required? We want you to be as clear about your future ambitions as we are and whilst we encourage people to learn, develop and grow, you will need to hit the ground running.
- Have you checked spelling and grammar? We have high standards and you don’t want to miss out because of something as easily correctable as a typo.
We are committed to equality of opportunity for all employees. Applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.