This role provides an opportunity for the right candidate to join the Treasury team within an exciting and rapidly expanding business. This is a key role within Treasury, a team of currently 9 strong members across London and Porto, and will report to the Assistant Treasurer.
Primary responsibilities of this role will be management and oversight of accounting requirements in relation to all Treasury activities, and provision of relevant analytics to support key treasury decisions.
What you’ll do:
- Weekly reconciliations of Treasury bank accounts and related Treasury transactions within the TMS. Treasury activities
include:Cash Investments, Debt Funding, Foreign Exchange Hedging, and Intercompany funding.
- Provision of all accounting entries to the accounting team for month end processes.
- Application of IFRS9 Hedge Accounting requirements, including completion of monthly
revaluationsand accounting entries from TMS, production of Hedge Accounting documentation, and other financial reporting disclosure requirements.
- Analysis of transactional and translational FX gains/losses within financial accounts, including monthly validation of P&L, and validation of accounting treatments.
- Intercompany funding, including maintenance of loan statements, interest calculations, accruals and loan documentation. This will require regular liaison with all relevant stakeholders, including Intercompany Accountant, Entity Accountant
andTax and Local finance teams.
- Provision of reporting and analytics of monthly Treasury Trial Balance validations, including Cash Balances, Interest Charges, FX Gains/Losses, Working Capital analysis
andHedging accuracy and effectiveness.
- Provision of wider monthly financial information to relevant financial institutions and stakeholders.
- Development and on-going maintenance of accounting configuration and set-up with TMS.
- Development and on-going maintenance of Treasury Accounting manual and procedures.
- Supporting the Assistant Treasurer review and reinforce all treasury accounting processes.
- Supporting the team with ad-hoc strategic objectives or projects as required.
Who you are:
The ideal candidate for this role should have the following skills & attributes:
- Qualified or Part Qualified Accountant
- Strong knowledge of Treasury Accounting & Foreign Currency Accounting (IAS39 and IFRS9 requirements).
- Demonstrable corporate treasury experience in a similar role or position.
- Previous experience within a multinational/ multicurrency corporate environment.
- Strong communication and stakeholder management skills.
- Driven, ambitious and self-motivated individual.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities.
- Ability to identify issues and develop solutions against strategic priorities and tactical/ operational considerations.
- Highly numerate with strong analytical skills.
organisedand an ability to meet deadlines.
- Previous experience using TMS and/or ERP beneficial but not essential.