Data Scientist - Operations Strategy
We are looking for a Data Scientist to join our Farfetch Operations
organisation, which is investing in new ways to do smart decision making and looking for innovative methods to run our business. This Data Science role will work cross-functionally with every Operations team - creating a great opportunity to develop projects in different areas.
What you'll do
What you'll do
- Develop new data-driven products to enable pervasive automation throughout Operations
- Create scalable solutions to our evolving operations challenges using operations research, machine learning, and simulation techniques
- Fully understand our supply and demand profiles to be able to model them and improve our operational planning.
- Engage with the Operations stakeholders to nurture a data-driven strategy in Operations.
- Access and
analysedata to generate insights and make proactive recommendations.
- Communicate complex solutions in a clear and understandable way to both experts and non-experts.
Who you are
- MSc or Ph.D. in a quantitative discipline: Computer Science, Statistics, Applied Mathematics, Operations Research, Engineering.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in a Data Science related role, preferably working within a Retail, E-commerce and Operations environment.
- Excellent analytical skills and a strong sense of ownership in your work
- Strong knowledge and proven hands-on experience in operations research and machine learning projects.
- Programming experience in Python. Experience developing production software is a bonus.
- Interest and passion for big data technologies (e.g., Hadoop, Spark, Hive, Cloud services).
- Ability to communicate findings and data science concepts clearly to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Excellent organizational skills and
deepunderstanding of mathematical and statistical concepts and techniques.
- Strong English language, both written and spoken