Marketplace Strategy Manager
The role:We are looking for someone with big ideas and thirst for learning more; they should be adept at framing and solving complex problems, as well as communicating their answers and bringing senior leaders along on the journey. This role will need to have a bias for action, to keep up with the fast pace of Farfetch and to present solutions that can be delivered well.
Ultimately, this is a highly cross-functional, highly visible role with lots of scope for real impact.
This role will require significant collaboration with all parts of the business so we’re looking for someone who loves working with people, is keen to learn about other business areas, thrives in multi-disciplinary teams and can get the best out of all working styles and skillsets.
What you’ll do:
- Research best-in-class marketplaces and luxury retailers to define our vision and goals
- Interview senior leaders and external experts to identify hypotheses and gaps
- Frame the key questions and the analyses required to solve them
- Work with Analysts to run complex analyses with large datasets
- Extract insights and build materials to communicate recommendations
- Establish a strategic programme and work with business leaders to support and govern it
- Spend time with teams to understand what they’re doing, how they’re doing it, the issues they’re facing and the outcomes they’re aiming to achieve
- Assess the performance of critical initiatives and provide constructive challenge and support to assure delivery
- Hire, onboard, develop and manage an Analyst or small team of Analysts
- Prepare Board materials and investor packs with compelling recommendations and rationale
- Present findings and recommendations to groups of varying seniority and profile
- Establish a
centreof excellence for marketplaces and foster a culture to support it
- Support the Marketplace Director and COO with other non-core special projects (on topics such as International, M&A or Culture).
- Contribute to the wider company culture, values and success
Who you are:
- You have a degree from a top tier university with a strong quantitative component; an MBA is a bonus but not critical
- You have meaningful experience in at least one of the following areas: eCommerce, marketplaces, luxury, fashion or strategic consultancy
- You have excellent analytical and
- You are comfortable in ambiguity and are develop clear paths forward with confidence
- You have a keen eye for detail and enjoy gaining a deep understanding
- You are willing to ‘roll your sleeves up’ and collaborate to deliver key work
- You are commercially focused and driven with the ability to work towards metrics/targets
- You have demonstrable ability to transform sophisticated and complex analyses into high-impact, easy-to-follow presentations to present results clearly.
- You can develop and obtain support for business plans and strategies by influencing cross-functional management with persuasive written and verbal presentations.
- You are professional and display maturity; you have experience of working with C-level stakeholders and managing relationships across multiple levels, departments and locations
- You have the ability to work to deadlines in a fast paced environment
- You have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- You have an understanding of eCommerce or online marketplaces; a passion for fashion or luxury is not critical but seen as a bonus
- You have experience working with SQL, XL and PPT; Looker and Tableau are a bonus
- You are happy to work across regions, cultures, and timezones
- You bring energy to teams