Senior Data Scientist
About the role:
All of our work in Data Science is directed at building software solutions that enhance the marketing activity of the company by using Machine Learning and advanced statistical methods. This means understanding the customer, figuring out who they are, what they want and how to get their attention. Critically, we build systems that do this autonomously.
What you’ll do:
- You will work with large, complex data sets. Solve hard problems using advanced statistical and Machine Learning techniques. Conduct end-to-end analysis that includes data gathering and requirements specification, processing, analysis, ongoing deliverables, and presentations.
- You will prototype and productionise Machine Learning pipelines to provide a solution to large commercial impact problems, particularly in the Digital Marketing space, that keep Farfetch ahead of the competition.
- You will collaborate with other Scientists and Engineers to build efficient data products. Identify opportunities for, design, and assess improvements to Farfetch products.
- You will research and develop analysis, forecasting, and optimization methods to improve the quality of Farfetch's Digital Marketing activity; including paid search, behavioral modeling, and live experiments.
- You will be part of our first Data Science team in the United States, working closely with our established Data Science teams in London (UK) and Porto (PT).
Who you are:
- You are experienced with at least 3-5 years in an advanced Engineering and Data Science role, preferably in the adtech space.
- You are a MS degree holder in a quantitative discipline (e.g., computer science, economics, mathematics, statistics, physics, electrical engineering, industrial engineering).
- You are fluent in Python, Java, C++ or similar object oriented programming language. Experience developing production software is a bonus.
- You have applied experience with Machine Learning on large datasets. Experience in Bayesian Inference and Reinforcement Learning is a bonus.
- You are experienced with distributed computing (e.g., Hive/Hadoop, Spark).
- You are a passport holder for infrequent trips to Europe.