BI Analyst – Finance Technical Solutions
All of our teams play an instrumental role within the business, from developing best practice, delivering strategic projects and helping us tell our story with data. All our teams work closely together to provide a support network for the business, ensuring the long-term success of Farfetch!
About the role:
As we become increasingly sophisticated in our financial reporting, planning and forecasting activities, we require accurate and timely data aggregated intelligently from the numerous local and global corners of the business. Sources range from transactional BI databases, office and staff costs, customer browsing banks, marketing promotions and costs to duties on imports and shipping costs. Only by building a sound foundation of data and reliable processes can we generate actionable insights and strategic pathways that will allow us to tailor our financial and business activities leading Farfetch to a successful future of growth.
Whilst based in London, you will have the opportunity to work directly with our Business Intelligence and Finance teams across the Globe. This is the ultimate role for the detail-orientated financially attuned business intelligence analyst who enjoys manipulating vast amounts of highly interconnected data and loves the challenge of creating automated solutions for data collection, validation and insights analysis!
- You will design and deliver best-in-class data products and processes that enable advanced analysis for Finance and the wider business. This will involve working day to day with the technical product owners, developers and analysts in Business Intelligence as well as the Marketing Products teams.
- You will raise the bar in how we conduct analyses as a team, primarily through optimisation and automation of reporting and integration of systems.
- You will gain in-depth understanding of commercial and operational objectives of Finance and identify opportunities to improve existing data sources to achieve such goals with accuracy and coherence
- You will ensure a high level of data quality for core data sources and critical KPIs involving multiple sources being surfaced through various reporting tools
Who you are:
- You are superbly qualified - you developed your inquisitive mind via a BSE or higher in finance, computer science, IT, mathematics, information systems or other quantitative field
- You are detail-orientated with a demonstrably high standard for data accuracy, coding etiquette and documentation
- You are an expert in manipulating large interconnected data sets in a professional environment with limited support or with the soft skills to search for knowledge owners
- You are an advanced T-SQL coder with minimum 3 years’ experience in pulling / pushing data via SQL Server and BI data warehouses, Microsoft Excel and reporting tools
- You have working knowledge of the big data tech stack, especially:
- Databases (Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio), data warehouses and data processing technologies (Hadoop and Google BigQuery are good to have know-how)
- Data visualization and exploration tools (Tableau though Looker preferred)
- You are an expert in Microsoft Excel and have working knowledge in VBA
- You have Python coding experience and skillset is preferred (though not necessary)
- You are a strong communicator regardless of format (email, presentation, documentation, discussion)
- You are able to collaborate with both commercial and technical stakeholders (technical product managers, development leads, data owners, accounting teams)
- You have familiarity with Slack, Jira, Confluence (Atlasian) preferred though not necessary
- You have the ability to work in fast-paced technology sector, and embracing towards changeable working environment & priorities - work well under pressure and manage multiple projects in parallel
- Though driven and motivated to make a difference, you are also easy going, jovial, social, verbal and fun to work with
- You are highly numerate with strong analytical skills
We cannot wait to receive your application. However, before you send it to us, here are some helpful tips to make sure your application is as strong as it can be.
- Have you set out why this role is a good match for your career aspirations and that you have the skills and experience required? We want you to be as clear about your future ambitions as we are and whilst we encourage people to learn, develop and grow, you will need to hit the ground running.
- Have you checked spelling and grammar? We have high standards and you don’t want to miss out because of something as easily correctable as a typo.
We are committed to equality of opportunity for all employees. Applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.