Freelance English Content Writer
In Production, you’ll be part of a creative family who work closely together to get the job done. There’s a real focus on continuous improvement here, so you’ll be encouraged to make the very most of your talents. We’ll also support and value your ideas.
Our UK Production team focuses on the content and copy that supports each product image on our website, ensuring that all of our products are described in an innovative, appealing & informative manner. Keeping within our brand guidelines and luxury tone of voice, you will play a key role in ensuring our customers know every last detail about our products before purchasing.
From detailed information on the compositions for each product, to supporting the Editorial team with any translations; you will have the opportunity to be involved in all aspects of the work our brilliant team do. We have a translation team for each language site so we want people with a real international mindset and good cultural awareness.
You will be part of a progressive and innovative Content Production team. You’ll focus on creating concise content and product descriptions, and work across the many departments to support with creating content for the Farfetch website.
Working to the company’s brand guidelines within a large multi-lingual team of around 45 employees, you will be required to create well-written, succinct and accurate translations to describe luxury clothing, accessories and lifestyle products sold on the site.
You will have the relevant qualifications for working in an environment which is fast-paced and deadline driven. Ideally this would have been within copywriting or sub-editing role with a passion to move their career into fashion will also be considered.
What You’ll do:
- Write product descriptions
Who You Are:
- Fluency in English
- Knowledge and love of fashion at all levels from high-end designers to cutting edge street style
- A good writing style that is accurate and adaptable, with an impeccable use of grammar
- An understanding of garment and accessory construction
- The ability to work independently
- The ability to work quickly and to agreed daily targets and deadlines
- Comfortable with digital work on an in-house CMS
We love hearing from you and want you to be as ambitious as we are, but before applying please ask yourself the following…
- Is this role a good match for me and my long term goals? We want to really know why you have chosen this career.
- Do I have all the skills and experience required for this role? Be realistic. We will only consider applications that demonstrate relevant skills or the potential to match the role requirements.
- Spell Check. As simple as it sounds make sure your application is to the highest standard. You will be surprised at how many applications we receive with spelling mistakes on them.
We are committed to equality of opportunity for all staff, applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships