Office Services Assistant & Receptionist
A rapidly growing, and increasingly important department, our Office Operations Team provide crucial support across the business every day. Their goal is to raise the bar in terms of the support that’s provided making everyone’s life at Farfetch more efficient and effective, with an approachable, smiling and pleasant demeanor.
About the Role:
We are looking for a friendly, approachable and polished Office Services Assistant to join our team with a keen interest in office operations. Your time will predominantly be spent at our second, smaller London office based only 3 mins walk from The Bower, our main London office, and you will be looking after various departments including Browns Fashion. You’ll be the first point of contact and will be responsible for creating a comfortable, welcoming environment for our team and visitors alike. Your positive approach when you greet staff in the morning will ensure a bright start to their day, and you will maintain a clean, clutter-free office that reflects the Farfetch brand and have a clear understanding of our company values and represent them through your work on a daily basis. You may also be required to spend time at our main London office covering lunch and providing support to the wider team. This will be a challenging and varied role so we’re looking for a super pro-active and energetic candidate.
What You’ll do:
- You will take full ownership of the overall appearance of the office, ensuring high standards are met and achieved for both staff and visitors
- You will monitor and manage stock levels, from stationery to refreshments
- You will provide general housekeeping in office kitchens, replenishing refreshments & snacks when needed
- You will collect, sort and help distribute post
- You will meet and greet guests, giving them a great visitor experience
- You will arrange couriers and manage deliveries
- You will provide general support to the Office Services department
- You will assist making meeting room bookings where necessary
- You will manage phone calls, directing calls and passing on messages in a timely manner
- You will act as Fire warden (training will be provided)
Who You Are:
- You are highly organised and have a professional approach
- You have a keen eye for detail and good organizational skills
- You are able to use initiative and prioritise issues
- You are able to communicate clearly and confidently, liaising across all levels of seniority
- You have experience in an office-based environment
- You have experience in customer-facing role
- You are proficient in Microsoft Office
- You have experience working within a creative environment i.e. fashion, marketing or media
- You have an energetic and enthusiastic approach
- Qualified First Aider & Fire Warden
We love hearing from you and want you to be as ambitious as we are, but before applying please ask yourself the following…
- Is this role a good match for me and my long term goals? We want to really know why you have chosen this career.
- Do I have all the skills and experience required for this role? Be realistic. We will only consider applications that demonstrate relevant skills or the potential to match the role requirements.
- Spell Check. As simple as it sounds make sure your application is to the highest standard. You will be surprised at how many applications we receive with spelling mistakes on them.
We are committed to equality of opportunity for all staff, applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships