Unlike anything in the world of fashion and technology
Position: Stylist (Freelance)
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Reporting to: Styling Manager
Hours of work: As needs and operational demands may necessitate variations in starting and ending times, as well as variations in total hours that may be scheduled each day and week, your hours will be scheduled directly by your manager or supervisor.
About the department:
We're a creative family that works closely together to make sure our customers know every last detail about our products before purchasing. We have three primary teams - Styling, Photography, and Content - who make sure customers have an engaging, seamless and luxurious experience. We're focused on continuous improvements and like to encourage everyone to make the most of their talents and contribute ideas.
About the role:
The Stylist is a multi-functional role within the styling team. Dressing the models in accordance with the Senior Stylist’s direction and effectively managing their day to ensure that shoot targets are achieved. A passion for current culture, trends, and brands is critical to the success of the role. You will work closely with the Stylist to produce inspiring images that reflect the Farfetch brand aesthetic.
What you’ll do:
- You will interpret the Senior Stylist and Styling Manager’s creative direction, while constructively raising any issues if it is not translating on set.
- You will dress the models in accordance with the Senior Stylist’s direction & feedback.
- You will research and capture designer’s essence in outfit builds.
- You will create and maintain an upbeat atmosphere in the studios that is conducive to high productivity.
- You will be required to step into an onset assistant position as and when needed.
- You will be required to support production in logistics as and when needed.
Who you are:
- You are experienced with at least 2 or more years as a Stylist or Stylist Assistant, or in a similar fashion-related role, either in-house or as a freelancer.
- You are able to maintain a calm and composed temperament in a frenetic environment and, with the assistance of the photographer, confidently direct the models.
- You are able to make quick, on-the-spot decisions.
- You are detail-oriented with a keen eye for detail and style,
- You are understanding of the business’ needs from both a creative and production perspective.
- You are flexible with a ‘can-do’ attitude.
- You are passionate for fashion with a deep and broad brand knowledge.
- You are aware of seasonal trends and brand adjacencies.
We can’t wait to receive your application. But before you send it to us, here are some helpful tips to make sure your application is as strong as it can be.
- Have you set out why this role is a good match for your career aspirations and that you have the skills and experience required? We want you to be as clear about your future ambitions as we are and whilst we encourage people to learn, develop and grow, you will need to hit the ground running.
- Have you checked spelling and grammar? We have high standards and you don’t want to miss out because of something as easily correctable as a typo.
We are committed to equality of opportunity for all employees. Applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.