Data Scientist - Recommendations
Farfetch is building the next-generation intelligent platform for online luxury fashion, powered by large-scale data and state of the art Machine Learning, Deep Learning and Computer Vision algorithms. You will join a talented team of Data Scientists, Engineers and Product designers to help build and optimize, through research and experimentation, our data-driven products.
What you will do
- Design and develop state of the art algorithms in the area of Recommender systems;
- Conduct practical research with a scientific mindset, and a focus on delivery;
- Build large scale data pipelines;
- Work closely with the engineering team to integrate ML algorithms into the platform;
- Engage with business stakeholders, product managers and designers to help deliver a shared vision of a luxury fashion recommender system
Who you are
- MSc or PhD in a quantitative discipline: Machine Learning, Computer Science, Statistics, Applied Mathematics, Physics or related areas.
- Minimum of 2 years experience in a Data Science related role, or equivalent academic research background.
- Hands-on and experienced with Recommender Systems. Practical contact with large-scale recommender systems in production is a plus.
- Knowledgeable of online testing methodologies (AB Testing, Multi-armed bandits). Experience designing and analysing online experiments is highly valued.
- Fluent in Python and common numerical and ML packages (NumPy, SciPy, Scikit-Learn, Pandas, Keras, TensorFlow, PyTorch, PySpark). R candidates are also encouraged to apply; Experience developing production software is a bonus.
- Experienced in dealing with large amounts of data and building data pipelines; Knowledge of big data technologies is a plus (Spark, Hive; GCP).
- Highly fluent in English, both written and spoken.