Data Science Manager
Our world class Product team is responsible for our customer’s journey through our platforms. Focusing on UX & Digital Design, the teams are split across our offices in London, Porto and Lisbon. Working across Front Office, Backoffice and Mobile they help to create the iconic ‘Farfetch’ look and feel. They’re true ambassadors of our business and ensure we're at the forefront of the latest technology while demonstrating our ‘Be Revolutionary’ value.
Farfetch is investing heavily on personalization, from recommendation engines, search query interpretation and relevance to conversational ecommerce platforms. This position will be responsible for managing a team of data scientists and software engineers focused on the development and research of Farfetch personalization initiatives.
What you will do:
- Manage, mentor and develop the Product Data Science team.
- Collaborate with Product Owners to develop a product data-driven strategy.
- Oversee architecture design and technical implementation to guarantee scalable solutions.
- Access and analyze data to generate insights and make proactive recommendations.
- Formulate success metrics for project success (customer feedback, engagement) and guide the Data Science to optimize customer engagement.
- Plan and oversee experimentation over Data Science products.
- Coach the Data Science team developing models and data-driven solutions that add material lift to customer engagement optimization.
- Communicate complex solutions in a clear and understandable way to both experts and non-experts.
- Promote and foster a data-driven, customer centric culture at Farfetch.
Who you are
- A professional with a minimum of 6 years’ experience in a Data Science role, preferably working within a Retail and E-commerce environment and 3+ years managing and developing talent.
- A professional with Strong knowledge and proven hands-on experience in personalization and information retrieval projects.
- A professional with experience setting the direction of data science projects with multiple stakeholders.
- Passionate for proactively identifying opportunities through data analysis and modeling.
- Able to communicate findings and data science concepts clearly to both technical and non-technical audiences. Excellent organizational skills and deep understanding of mathematical and statistical concepts and techniques.
- A professional with a senior-level programming experience in Python, Scala or Go.
- Experienced in designing and scaling data science solutions to large audiences and high-traffic applications.
- A professional with interest and passion for big data technologies (e.g., Hadoop, Mahout, Spark, Pig, Hive).
- A professional with Strong English language, both written and spoken
- A professional with MS or PhD in a quantitative discipline: Computer Science, Statistics, Applied Mathematics, Operations Research, Engineering, Economics, Social Sciences etc.
We can’t wait to receive your application. But before you send it to us, here are some helpful tips to make sure your application is as strong as it can be.
- Have you set out why this role is a good match for your career aspirations and that you have the skills and experience required? We want you to be as clear about your future ambitions as we are and whilst we encourage people to learn, develop and grow, you will need to hit the ground running.
- Have you checked spelling and grammar? We have high standards and you don’t want to miss out because of something as easily correctable as a typo.
We are committed to equality of opportunity for all employees. Applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.