Senior UX Researcher - Quantitative
We’re ambassadors for the business, pushing the boundaries of what's technologically possible, and creating most of the platforms that we use from scratch. We like to apply a bit of revolutionary thinking to everything we do.
About the role:
In this role, you will be responsible for delivering insights about our users through collecting and analysing data using a multitude of statistical tools. You will gain insights about user intent and motivations for product usage through analysing patterns in the data you have collected. You will also measure the quality of the user experience through self-reported or behavioural data. In summary, you are expected to help stakeholders understand our users through a UX perspective on quantitative data.
You will work closely with qualitative researchers and cross-functionally with Farfetch product team, engineering, marketing, and data analytics to identify research topics, design studies, and generate insights to inform the User Experience of Farfetch.
This is a new role that would impact Farfetch design and product development, so you are expected to use your experience and knowledge to shape and grow the role further. This the perfect opportunity for someone who is full of ideas and up for a new challenge!
What you’ll do:
- You will examine existing data and design to identify research topics, prioritise, and drive research in collaboration with designers, qualitative researchers, data science, and product owners.
- You will design and conduct studies using various quantitative methods, such as survey, web stream analysis, SQL queries, and Google Analytics with the mindset or user-centered design.
- You will ask meaningful questions, using the right data point, and come up with meaningful hypothesis to inform user experience of our products.
- You will help define quantitative UX goals in collaboration with the broader teams.
- You will work closely with data science and qualitative researcher to harness the power of data and insights.
- You will focus on delivering impact by communicating meaningful and actionable findings to various stakeholders and strengthen the impact of the UX Research team.
Who you are:
- Extensive experience in applied product research.
- You have strong skills in behavioural data analysis, experimental and survey research and statistics.
- You are passionate about data, and you have a deep understanding of user experience and UI design.
- You thrive in a fast-moving, fast-growing organization.
- You are an excellent communicator and a great collaborator.
- You have experience with Excel, SQL and SPSS. Experience in a programming language commonly used for computational statistics is a plus.
We can’t wait to receive your application. But before you send it to us, here are some helpful tips to make sure your application is as strong as it can be.
- Have you set out why this role is a good match for your career aspirations and that you have the skills and experience required? We want you to be as clear about your future ambitions as we are and whilst we encourage people to learn, develop and grow, you will need to hit the ground running.
- Have you checked spelling and grammar? We have high standards and you don’t want to miss out because of something as easily correctable as a typo.
We are committed to equality of opportunity for all employees. Applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.