Lead Creative Technologist
Working across all of the global markets, we make sure Farfetch remains high and mighty with both new and existing customers; all the while setting the brand apart from our competitors and making sure we're always one step ahead of the curve.
About the role:
Our Creative Tech team is an integral part of our marketing creative studio. Working closely with the Director of Creative Technology you will grow, develop and guide a team of creative tech problem solvers seeking new and innovative ways to help bring our ideas to life.
In this role, you will be responsible for collaborating with the Creative Studio team (Visual, Experience, Styling and Copywriting) and focus on prototyping and building proofs of concepts to illustrate ideas, confirm feasibility, and then turn those prototypes into market-ready, fresh, ground breaking web and mobile campaigns and services that become delightfully unique Farfetch experiences. Making users lives easier and more fun.
What you’ll do:
- You will be a hands-on creative technology expert, you’ll concept, design and develop interactive prototypes for innovative digital campaigns and services across all digital marketing touch points (web, app, social), to engage the Farfetch customer
- You will oversee the implementation of creative ideas to ensure pixel-perfect implementation of designs
- You will research and develop new marketing experience ideas using cutting-edge technologies and techniques
- You will stay abreast of the evolving media, technology and design landscape including the emergence of new standards, protocols and devices to create world-class marketing experiences
- You will communicate and collaborate regularly with the wider creative studio, business stakeholders and development teams e.g. product design, to understand the current opportunities and challenges, as well as to share knowledge and showcase findings to continuously evolve creative technology
Who you are:
- You will have a Bachelor's Degree in Media Arts, Interaction Design, Computer Sciences or related discipline
- You will have interactive development/production experience, gained in the ecommerce industry ideally
- You will have proven experience in rapid prototyping and agile development methodologies and user-centered design, ideally in technology industries or agencies
- You will have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- You will have experience ideally with digital animations, OpenFrameworks, OpenGL, VR/AR + 3D modelling, Physical Computing and Sensor Hardware - Arduino, Raspberry PI
We can’t wait to receive your application. But before you send it to us, here are some helpful tips to make sure your application is as strong as it can be.
- Have you set out why this role is a good match for your career aspirations and that you have the skills and experience required? We want you to be as clear about your future ambitions as we are and whilst we encourage people to learn, develop and grow, you will need to hit the ground running.
- Have you checked spelling and grammar? We have high standards and you don’t want to miss out because of something as easily correctable as a typo.
We are committed to equality of opportunity for all employees. Applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.