Who we are
Farfetch is unlike anything in the world of fashion and technology.
Our mission: to revolutionize the way the world shops.
To do it, we need innovators. People who challenge convention and dare to dream.
We’ve gone from a start-up to a billion dollar business. But we’re not done yet. Far from it.
Together, we can be extraordinary
We have rapidly grown into a truly global company since our launch in 2008 and we’re continuing to grow. Our family now includes partner boutiques and brands across Europe, North and South America and Asia; we demonstrate our ‘Think Global’ value in everything we do.
We are a global team of over 1,500 people and have offices based in London, New York, L.A., Porto, Guimaraes, Lisbon, Sao Paulo, Shanghai, Moscow, Hong Kong & Tokyo.
We are a company with an entrepreneurial spirit and innovative culture. We are positive, passionate and live our values: Be Human, Be Brilliant, Todos Juntos, Be Revolutionary, Think Global and Amaze Customers day to day.
Our world class Technology team is at the core of what we do- they both help support the running of the current business as well as explore new and exciting technologies that keep Farfetch truly revolutionising the industry. Split across 3 main offices- London, Porto and Lisbon, the tech hub is the fastest growing team working across all touchpoints, Web, Mobile and Instore. The teams are committed into turning the company into the leading multi-channel platform and are constantly looking for brilliant people who can help be part of the experience.
To be part of Farfetch’s Engineering Team as a Manager in Engineering, reporting into the Engineering VP, being responsible for leading and developing an engineering team.
What you’ll do:
- Manage the entire engineering team (multidisciplinary team of engineers with different types of backgrounds) of a Farfetch Branch Office towards excellence in engineering and product development delivery;
- Work in close alignment with overall engineering management structure to suggest and/or implement engineering best practices in managed office and companywide ;
- Engage with the Product and Architecture teams within the company to assure managed team is working towards the collaborative standards we set as a company;
- Work with the engineering managers in owned area towards delivery excellence for all product development work in the Web Platform area;
- Collaborate in the Coordination of the hiring policies, training and development plan creations and assure their execution for engineers within managed team;
- Be a source for engineering innovation, through being attuned to engineering best practices being followed outside of the company’s eco-system, being responsible for understanding them and presenting them internally to improve our engineering culture.
Who you are:
- An alumni in Information Systems or related field;
- A professional with 10 + years of proven experience in the IT engineering field in a complex and multi-cultural environment;
- Knowledgeable and experienced in Product/Software development, with a solid understanding of all different phases, from inception all the way through implementation and continuous improvement;
- Experienced in managing team towards delivering Front Office/ Web consumer products in large scale e-commerce players;
- Capable of acting as a Technical Reference and Evangelist for the use of new organizational processes, team management methodologies, technologies and development processes within the managed team;
- Able to easily build relationships with the different players of the organization, at different levels (from C-level executives to engineers);
- An excellent communicator, both in Portuguese and English, with the capability to communicate at multiple levels in the organization;
- Able to manage multiple tasks/priorities simultaneously, respond to work with urgency and understand deadlines;
- Knowledgeable of the Scrum methodology.
We can’t wait to receive your application. But before you send it to us, here are some helpful tips to make sure your application is as strong as it can be.
- Have you set out why this role is a good match for your career aspirations and that you have the skills and experience required? We want you to be as clear about your future ambitions as we are and whilst we encourage people to learn, develop and grow, you will need to hit the ground running.
- Have you checked spelling and grammar? We have high standards and you don’t want to miss out because of something as easily correctable as a typo.
We are committed to equality of opportunity for all employees. Applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.