Private Client Senior Manager
Through a variety of engagement and selling activities, you’ll ensure a seamless, exceptional luxury shopping experience for our top tier customers.
About the department:
Together, our client-obsessed team create an unrivalled, personalised shopping experience in the luxury fashion industry. We understand the international world of luxury fashion and lifestyle, and use this to provide an elite service focussed on earning heart share of our clients.
One of our priorities is to increase the spending power of an existing client book along with engaging new clients, while developing potential clients. We approach every opportunity with innovation and develop loyalty through an understanding of personal style, lifestyle needs and brand/product preferences.
What you’ll do:
- You’ll collaborate with the Head of & Global VP of Private Client to develop the styling strategy with the overall vision of becoming famous for our Private Client Service in every Local Market
- You’ll translate this strategy into an operational plan for your team, setting goals and KPIs, to ensure best-in-class clienteling and sales generation. You’ll regularly report against KPIs, suggesting recommendations and a plan to drive improvement
- You’ll be accountable for team performance against this plan, reviewing and monitoring sales activity and partnering with your People & Talent partners to drive a high performance culture e.g. recognition initiatives, managing underperformance & growing your team
- You’ll manage the commission reporting of your team to the People team, ensuring accuracy and timely payment processing
- You’ll inspire, build, lead and develop your Styling team, engaging them with the department vision and strategy and ensuring regular and clear communication. Your focus will be on coaching sales and clienteling techniques to grow and retain our top clients.
- You’ll support the Head of and Global VP of Private Client in setting up Stylist teams in new markets, developing operating plans for scalable best practices, suitable for the market and an ecommerce stylist business
- You’ll keep abreast of competitor Private Client sales strategies, updating the team to identify learning opportunities
- You’ll lead “test and learn” pilots in the UK, prior to global rollout, identifying key learnings to ensure improved success rates
- You’ll partner with functional leaders and teams on acquisition strategies, brand collaborations and partnerships to identify new business opportunities to aggressively grow our Private Client portfolio e.g. CRM teams to implement email campaign strategies with your Stylist team
- You’ll attend brand events to aid business development and act as a Farfetch brand ambassador.
- You’ll influence senior stakeholders to facilitate discussion and decisions, to align to the overall global Private Client strategy
- You’ll define and manage budgets for your areas, controlling associated costs
- You’ll contribute to global projects and lead on local projects, as and when required, focusing on operational efficiency as we grow and scale
Who you are:
- You’ll have proven experience operating at senior manager level, in luxury sales (managed a business unit of at least £15m sales turnover).
- You’ll have experience of leading sales teams, with a proven track record of exceeding sales targets
- You’ll be a personal shopping expert , ideally from the luxury sector with deep knowledge of the wants and needs of a customer
- You’ll be a natural leader with experience of people management, coaching and developing a team to build a high performance culture
- You’ll be operationally strong, able to translate strategies into operational and executional plans
- You’ll have excellent senior stakeholder management skills, adopting a collaborative yet influencing style
- You’ll have excellent commercial and financial acumen, and an ability to understand and interpret analytics and financials into recommendations, with experience of managing budgets
- You’ll be a problem solver with an ability to turn a challenge into a solution to maximise opportunity
- You’ll have excellent interpersonal and communication skills, able to build relationships across all levels of the organisation
- You’ll be comfortable with ambiguity, adopting a flexible approach
- You’ll have strong computer literacy and an understanding of the digital world
- You’ll ideally have experience of managing projects to deliver on time, in scope and budget.
We can’t wait to receive your application. But before you send it to us, here are some helpful tips to make sure your application is as strong as it can be.
- Have you set out why this role is a good match for your career aspirations and that you have the skills and experience required? We want you to be as clear about your future ambitions as we are and whilst we encourage people to learn, develop and grow, you will need to hit the ground running.
- Have you checked spelling and grammar? We have high standards and you don’t want to miss out because of something as easily correctable as a typo.