Marketing Analytics Manager
About the role:
Are you looking for an exciting challenge? This is a phenomenal opportunity to join us in the Marketing Analytics team driving growth and optimization across Farfetch’s marketing channels (PPC, Affiliates, Display, Paid Social, SEO, CRM, Editorial, App). You will have the exciting and rare chance to work in a fast-pace environment taking our marketing to the next level.
We are looking for a highly numerate person who is excited to solve business problems by working with big data, interpreting numbers, and consulting with channel leads on translating insights into real actions and solutions based on commercial objectives. This role is or someone who is self-driven, independent, and wants to drive significant impact across millions of pounds in marketing spend.
You will have the opportunity to embrace working in a fast paced environment leading a team and being involved in scoping its vision. You will be a thought leader in how we leverage analytical techniques and new technologies to solve complex problems. You will gain in-depth knowledge of digital marketing channels and drive value in these channels using data.
What you’ll do:
● Ownership of business critical analytical projects that involve analysing complex marketing datasets in order to produce insights and models that drive strategic decisions
● Lead and manage a small team and ensure each individuals success and development
● Collaborate with key business partners to identify key questions and manage expectations
● Work closely with the team and business partners to scope, design, develop, and implement a variety of analytical projects, including:
○ Profound performance marketing channel analysis to drive strategic decisions
○ Finding innovative ways to understand attribution
○ Championing test and learn
○ Quantifying and challenging hypotheses and assumptions
○ Reporting and understanding drivers of business performance
● Ensure robust statistical and data methods are used to build analyses across the team
● Improve efficiencies and automate analysis to ensure focus is on new value-add analysis
● Challenge your team and business partners in meetings to encourage healthy debate and stimulating discussions
● Continuously learn and raise the bar for quality and rigour of work across the team
Who you are:
● Degree in statistics, mathematics, computer science or related field from a leading university
● You have analytics experience in lifetime value, attribution, experimentation, channel analysis, cohort analysis, etc.
● Knowledge of advanced statistical methods including data mining, predictive modelling, web analytics, and reporting technologies.
● You have working ability with SQL & Excel
● Knowledge of Python, R, or similar preferred
● You have proven analytics work experience with knowledge of digital marketing
● You have managed/mentored others
● Highly confident in dealing with ambiguity and scoping work with keen attention to detail
● A flexible, approachable attitude with good problem solving skills
● Excellent verbal and written communication skills