Performance Marketing Executive - B&W
Unlike anything in the world of fashion and technology
Position: Performance Marketing Executive – Affiliates/Paid Social
Location: London, The Bower
Reporting to: Head of Performance Marketing – B&W
Benefits: Farfetch For All Shareholder benefits, flexible opt-in benefits including 24 days’ holiday, birthday day off, Farfetch/Browns Fashion site discounts, cycle to work scheme, pension scheme, private medical & dental insurance, childcare vouchers + more
Hours of work: 09:00 – 18:00 (flexible working offered and encouraged)
About the department:
Black & White is a full service agency providing end-to-end, multichannel e-commerce solutions exclusively for luxury fashion brands. We pride ourselves on delivering a world class client service, from project management of the website build and maintenance through to ongoing e-commerce consultancy. One of our fastest growing teams, you’ll have the opportunity to gain exposure into all of the brilliant things we do. The team is still in its infancy, but there is amazing momentum and it’s an incredibly exciting time to join.
About the role:
This role will require you to define and implement affiliate and paid social strategies across multiple high-end fashion retailers, working closely with the Head of Digital to call upon cutting edge digital marketing opportunities to help drive our clients’ sales growth.
This role is ideal for someone who is looking for an exciting growth opportunity in a fast-paced environment and is looking to make an immediate impact. You will be an excellent communicator and hugely passionate about all things digital. You will also execute affiliate and paid social campaigns designed to meet the individual commercial objectives of each client, as well as producing and analysing performance reports with a view to optimising existing campaigns. Strong commercial acumen will be required to drive both customer retention and acquisition targets, you will also be comfortable managing multiple clients, with exacting standards in an agency environment.
What you’ll do:
- You will assist the Head of Digital in defining and delivering the affiliate and paid social strategy for Black & White clients, including the forecasting, budgeting & reporting processes to meet KPI’s & targets
- You will define the affiliate marketing strategies and execute campaigns for multiple clients, with a sharp focus on commission adjustment and profitability measurement whilst ensuring our brands are positioned in brand enhancing environments
- You will be the in-house champion for all things social media, including changes to platform algorithms and targeting capabilities – you will use this knowledge to advise and develop client strategies within paid social campaigns
- You will produce and analyse an extensive suite of reporting based on individual campaigns for all Black & White clients
- You will manage daily spends across multiple client accounts (Facebook Business Manager, Linkshare Client Suite), ensuring budgets aren’t exceeded and KPI’s are hit
- You will constantly optimise campaigns, assessing performance of targeting groups & commission rates to ensure client activity is running to a high standard and define additional profitable opportunities for growth
- You will have a strong understanding of managing international social & affiliate campaigns (with a focus on UK, US, FR, IT, CN & JP)
- You will devise retargeting campaigns, using the latest technologies available across appropriate social media channels to ensure customer retention revenue is maxmised
- You will manage high volumes of data on a regular basis to identify nuances across each client’s customer set
- You have a test and learn approach to new digital marketing initiatives
- You will assist with the preparation of documents and presentations for face to face client meetings and be able to present these updates to clients
- You will be constantly identifying opportunities to increase client spend within digital marketing by optimising campaigns and building strong relationships with clients
- You will provide analysis and reporting for marketing and promotional activity and make recommendations based on these results
- You will work closely with all members of the Black & White digital marketing and client services teams to ensure relevant learnings are shared to maximise performance of client campaigns
- You will understand customer financials to build cost effective digital campaigns
- You will research and recommend new strategic social and affiliate opportunities
- You will, where required, be able to assist with activities in channels beyond paid social (e.g. display marketing, PPC) where required.
Who you are:
- You are experienced in a digital marketing role in at least one of the following areas: ecommerce, internet, high-growth start-up
- You will have experience running a high-growth, retail affiliate network and have good relationships with key affiliate sites
- You will have a demonstrable passion for social media and be constantly abreast of updates and technological announcements
- You have a Degree from a top tier university with a strong quantitative component. If no quant component at degree level then A level math’s or equivalent
- You have a good understanding of the luxury fashion industry
- You have a sharp commercial mind with the ability to constantly improve and optimise to achieve the best results
- You have outstanding execution skills with strong attention to detail
- You have outstanding work planning and time management skills: ability to prioritize
- You are an excellent communicator and have confidence in presenting to and working with senior team members and external clients
- You have a passion for numbers and outstanding analytical skills including:
- You have the ability to analyse and communicate insights regarding all key digital marketing metrics
- You have the ability to build performance reports
- You have the ability to contribute to business cases and perform thorough sense checks on numbers
- You are able to appropriately combine attention to detail with longer term big picture/strategic thinking
- You have intermediate/advanced excel, good experience with Google Analytics
- You are highly capable dealing with back end campaign management tools (i.e. Business Manager, Marin, affiliate reporting suites etc.)
- Additional languages not a must but working knowledge of any of the following would be welcome: Italian, French, Mandarin and / or Japanese.
We can’t wait to receive your application. But before you send it to us, here are some helpful tips to make sure your application is as strong as it can be.
- Have you set out why this role is a good match for your career aspirations and that you have the skills and experience required? We want you to be as clear about your future ambitions as we are and whilst we encourage people to learn, develop and grow, you will need to hit the ground running.
- Have you checked spelling and grammar? We have high standards and you don’t want to miss out because of something as easily correctable as a typo.
We are committed to equality of opportunity for all employees. Applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.