Freelance Content Translator - Dutch
About the role:
You will join a progressive and innovative Content Production team. You’ll focus on creating ‘revolutionary’ content and product descriptions, and work across the many departments to support with localizing and translating content for the Farfetch website.
Working to the company’s brand guidelines within a large multi-lingual team of around 45 employees, you will be required to create well-written, succinct and accurate translations to describe luxury clothing, accessories and lifestyle products sold on the site.
You will have some experience working in an environment which is fast-paced and deadline driven. Ideally this would have been within a translation role, but a creative copywriter or a linguistics graduate with a passion to move their career into fashion will also be considered.
What you’ll do:
- You will translate product descriptions from English into Dutch
- You will translate content for the Dutch website
- You will track and correct defects of product descriptions and other localized content
Who you are:
- You are fluent in Dutch
- You have English-Dutch translation experience
- You have knowledge and love of fashion at all levels from high-end designers to cutting edge street style
- You have a good writing style that is accurate and adaptable, with an impeccable use of grammar
- You have an understanding of garment and accessory construction
- You are able to work to clear deadlines but also to work independently
- You are able to work quickly and to agreed daily targets
- You have excellent writing skills
Non-essential but desirable
- You are comfortable with digital work on an in-house CMS
- You have experience with working in localization projects for e-commerce website, preferably luxury fashion retail
We can’t wait to receive your application. But before you send it to us, here are some helpful tips to make sure your application is as strong as it can be.
- Have you set out why this role is a good match for your career aspirations and that you have the skills and experience required? We want you to be as clear about your future ambitions as we are and whilst we encourage people to learn, develop and grow, you will need to hit the ground running.
- Have you checked spelling and grammar? We have high standards and you don’t want to miss out because of something as easily correctable as a typo.
We are committed to equality of opportunity for all employees. Applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.