We have rapidly grown into a truly global company since our launch in 2008 and we’re continuing to grow. Our family now includes partner boutiques and brands across Europe, North and South America and Asia; we demonstrate our ‘Think Global’ value in everything we do.
We are a global team of over 1,500 people and have offices based in London, New York, L.A., Porto, Guimaraes, Lisbon, Sao Paulo, Shanghai, Moscow, Hong Kong & Tokyo.
We are a company with an entrepreneurial spirit and innovative culture. We are positive, passionate and live our values: Be Human, Be Brilliant, Todos Juntos, Be Revolutionary, Think Global and Amaze Customers day to day.
Our world class Technology team is at the core of what we do. Our multidisciplinary team helps support the running of the current business and explores new and exciting technologies that keep Farfetch truly revolutionising the industry. In Porto, the tech hub, with 400 people, is the fastest growing team working across all touch points, Web and Mobile. The team is committed into turning the company into the leading multi-channel platform.
To be part of Farfetch’s Engineering Team as an Engineering Lead, You will be responsible for leading and developing a multi-disciplinary team of engineers working towards specific company goals.
You will be working in a very friendly and relaxed environment and be part of a well-motivated, talented and growing team. If you want to evolve, if you are willing to share knowledge and to be part of the building process to reach the top, using the latest technology stack and having fun doing it, this is an opportunity you can’t miss.
What you'll do:
You will lead a multidisciplinary team of engineers with different types of backgrounds (back end developers, UI developers and QAs):
- Set goals and development targets for the Engineers within managed team and support the team with feedback and development plans as they progress;
- Engage with the team Product Owner into building a backlog that continuously contributes to the execution of the roadmap;
- Contribute to the hiring, training and development plan for engineers within managed team;
- Assure the collaboration of managed team across different engineering teams/offices and adherence to the defined global engineering best practices and processes.
Who you are:
- A graduate of a program in Information Systems or a related field;
- A professional with proven solid technical background leading multi-disciplinary engineering teams towards goal achievement;
- Knowledgeable and experienced in Product/Software development, with solid understanding of all different phases, from inception all the way through implementation and continuous improvement, preferable using Agile methodologies;
- Able to easily build relationships with the different players of the tech area, at different levels of the organization.
We love hearing from you and want you to be as ambitious as we are, but before applying please ask yourself the following…
- Is this role a good match for me and my long term goals? We want to really know why you have chosen this career.
- Do I have all the skills and experience required for this role? Be realistic. We will only consider applications that demonstrate relevant skills or the potential to match the role requirements.
- Spell Check. As simple as it sounds make sure your application is to the highest standard. You will be surprised at how many applications we receive with spelling mistakes on them.
We are committed to equality of opportunity for all staff, applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships