Financial Operations Manager
We have rapidly grown into a truly global company since our launch in 2008 and we’re continuing to grow. Our family now includes partner boutiques and brands across Europe, North and South America and Asia; we demonstrate our ‘Think Global’ value in everything we do.
We are a global team of over 1,500 people and have offices based in London, New York, L.A., Porto, Guimaraes, Lisbon, Sao Paulo, Shanghai, Moscow, Hong Kong & Tokyo.
We are a company with an entrepreneurial spirit and innovative culture. We are positive, passionate and live our values: Be Human, Be Brilliant, Todos Juntos, Be Revolutionary, Think Global and Amaze Customers day to day.
The Farfetch Finance team is rapidly expanding as we continue to drive exciting change across the business. The team mainly sits across the London and Porto offices and look after accountancy, FP&A, treasury, tax and corporate development. There is never a dull moment in Finance at Farfetch with the constant evolution of the business and high growth keeping us busy! It’s a very faced-paced, high energy and complex environment.
All of our teams play an instrumental role within the business, from developing best practice, delivering strategic projects and helping tell our story with data. All our teams work closely together to provide a support network for the business, ensuring the long-term success of Farfetch!
Reporting directly to the Financial Manager, you will have an important role for the accountancy and billing of our company. Working together with the whole team to achieve the goals for the monthly closing, you will being responsible for managing the relationships between finance and different players of the business.
What You’ll do:
- Daily review of overall financial position with Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable and Treasury teams supervisors;
- Be the pivot between boutiques and account management team concerning to financial matters.
- Through solid and exceptional verbal and written communication, coordinate with teams across Operations, Tech, Finance and Accounting to ensure that the Standard Operations Procedures are followed and implemented;
- Ensure the billing of all our partner boutiques and providers;
- Develop, modify and maintain the operational and design effectiveness of financial operations process and controls;
- Ability to successfully manage multiple competing priorities simultaneously with global oversight of various projects and initiatives to achieve organizational goals and deliver results;
- Ensure complete and up-to-date operating procedures for all accounting and financial controls. Maintain proper internal controls and oversight of financial management;
- Track and manage service and operational performance metrics through monitoring of daily activities and reports; if necessary, develop, communicate and execute action plans to close gaps between goals and results;
- Deal with the commercial team in analyzing and measuring marketing campaigns’ impact from a financial perspective;
Who You Are:
- Graduation in Economics or Management;
- Minimum of 5 years of professional experience in financial analysis and accountancy;
- Strong team management skills;
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines while managing multiple priorities in a fast paced, growing and ambiguous environment;
- Experience with understanding complex process flows and driving process improvements;
- Strong interpersonal skills, including written and oral communication skills and the ability to guide and influence;
- Strong Clients-orientation attitude;
- Results driven mind-set and able to deal with stress;
- Dynamic, with high sense of responsibility and autonomy;
- Commercial experience (online or offline) ideally from a retail, brand or wholesale environment – fashion and luxury contact is a plus;
- Strong analytical ability;
- Fluency in English, both written and spoken (fluency in Italian is a plus);
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office, mainly Excel (pivots) and use of data tools to obtain and/or assess analytical information;
- International experience is highly desirable;
We love hearing from you and want you to be as ambitious as we are, but before applying please ask yourself the following…
- Is this role a good match for me and my long term goals? We want to really know why you have chosen this career.
- Do I have all the skills and experience required for this role? Be realistic. We will only consider applications that demonstrate relevant skills or the potential to match the role requirements.
- Spell Check. As simple as it sounds make sure your application is to the highest standard. You will be surprised at how many applications we receive with spelling mistakes on them.
We are committed to equality of opportunity for all staff, applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships