Data Analyst - Store of the Future
About the department:
Store of the Future (SoF) is the final piece in the Farfetch Augmented Retail vision, linking the online and offline worlds. It is a platform where Farfetch will tailor the solutions to each brand, each city and each store. SoF will use data to enhance the retail experience, delivering personalization for customers and empowering the store staff.
Farfetch Store of The Future team is dedicated to digital innovation. Our aim is to solve problems experienced by boutiques, brands and the end customer, as well as brainstorming new ideas and business concepts whilst exploring disruptive technologies in a rapid prototyping approach. By joining the SoF team you will be helping Farfetch pioneer the next stage in the evolution of the fashion industry … the connected store, which will allow customers to experience a new sense of discovery within retail.
What you’ll do:
- You will develop new KPIs to track and measure customer and retail metrics associated to Store of the Future projects.
- You will analyse available data and generate recommendations based on insights to drive commercial successes
- You will develop dashboards to present insights and in visually impactful ways tailored to the audience for which they are intended.
- You will work with multiple data sets to prepare, cleanse and manipulate client data for use in the SoF products.
- You will work closely with brand and boutique partners to translate their data requirements into actionable deliverables and forward planning for the Store of the Future roadmap.
- You will work with Retail Operations teams to implement data collection and cleansing initiatives as necessary to build out data structures.
- You will implement new reporting tools to facilitate onmi-channel customer analysis.
Who you are:
- You have a relevant degree (specialism in mathematics, economics, strategy or marketing)
- You have experience in customer centric role is a must ideally within in the consumer retail sector
- Solid analytical background in at LEAST one of the following areas: propensity modelling, customer profiling & targeting, campaign reporting, targeting models, retention & churn prediction.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to present complex data clearly to senior managers across the business.
- You have technical skills for processing and analysing large amounts of data:
- Excel (required)
- SQL (preferred)
- Web analysis tools, such as Google Analytics (preferred) and Adobe Omniture
- You have experience working with data presentation tools such as Tableau, Looker
- You can work independently in a structured manner
- You have excellent Excel skills and report writing skills adapted to the audience at every level of the organisation
- An interest in luxury fashion
- You are flexible with the ability to multi-task
- Additional experience in any of the following: online marketing, the luxury consumer sector, customer strategy.
- Line management of junior analysts
We are looking for a calm, confident and charismatic individual with a ‘can-do’ attitude, not afraid to get stuck-in. You will be highly detail orientated, curious, supremely customer focussed and be willing to thrive with the demands of rapidly growing and multi-faceted new division within an established business. The ability to gracefully handle multiple projects in a fast- paced environment should come naturally.
We can’t wait to receive your application. But before you send it to us, here are some helpful tips to make sure your application is as strong as it can be.
- Have you set out why this role is a good match for your career aspirations and that you have the skills and experience required? We want you to be as clear about your future ambitions as we are and whilst we encourage people to learn, develop and grow, you will need to hit the ground running.
- Have you checked spelling and grammar? We have high standards and you don’t want to miss out because of something as easily correctable as a typo.