We have rapidly grown into a truly global company since our launch in 2008 and we’re continuing to grow. Our family now includes partner boutiques and brands across Europe, North and South America and Asia; we demonstrate our ‘Think Global’ value in everything we do.
We are a global team of over 1,500 people and have offices based in London, New York, L.A., Porto, Guimaraes, Lisbon, Sao Paulo, Shanghai, Moscow, Hong Kong & Tokyo.
We are a company with an entrepreneurial spirit and innovative culture. We are positive, passionate and live our values: Be Human, Be Brilliant, Todos Juntos, Be Revolutionary, Think Global and Amaze Customers day to day.
In Operations, you'll be part of the team that turns dreams into reality. You'll have the opportunity to amaze customers and be revolutionary - "todos juntos". Our team consists of all exciting fields of Operations including Delivery, Payments, Fraud, Supply Chain Management, Retail Operations and Operations Strategy. We are truly global, with strong presence in all our global regions including Porto, Lisbon, Guimarães, London, Los Angeles, Tokyo, Moscow, São Paulo, Shanghai, and Hong Kong. In our fast growing environment we are looking for brilliant people who share the passion for operations in this exciting cutting edge industry.
DON’T CHANGE FASHION FOR A SEASON. CHANGE IT FOREVER.
Our Farfetch Operations organisation is investing in new ways to do smart decision making and looking for innovative methods to run our business. This Data Science role will work cross-functionally with every Operations team - creating a great opportunity to develop projects in different areas.
What You’ll do:
- Develop new data-driven products to enable pervasive automation throughout Operations
- Create scalable solutions to our evolving operations challenges using operations research, machine learning and simulation techniques
- Fully understand our supply and demand profiles to be able to model them and improve our operational planning.
- Engage with the Operations stakeholders to nurture a data-driven strategy in Operations.
- Access and analyse data to generate insights and make proactive recommendations.
- Communicate complex solutions in a clear and understandable way to both experts and non-experts.
Who You Are:
- MSc or PhD in a quantitative discipline: Computer Science, Statistics, Applied Mathematics, Operations Research, Engineering.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in a Data Science related role, preferably working within a Retail, E-commerce and Operations environment.
- Excellent analytical skills and a strong sense of ownership in your work
- Strong knowledge and proven hands-on experience on operations research and machine learning projects.
- Programming experience in Python or R. Experience developing production software is a bonus.
- Interest and passion for big data technologies (e.g., Hadoop, Spark, Hive, Cloud services).
- Ability to communicate findings and data science concepts clearly to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Excellent organizational skills and deep understanding of mathematical and statistical concepts and techniques.
- Strong English language, both written and spoken
We love hearing from you and want you to be as ambitious as we are, but before applying please ask yourself the following…
- Is this role a good match for me and my long term goals? We want to really know why you have chosen this career.
- Do I have all the skills and experience required for this role? Be realistic. We will only consider applications that demonstrate relevant skills or the potential to match the role requirements.
- Spell Check. As simple as it sounds make sure your application is to the highest standard. You will be surprised at how many applications we receive with spelling mistakes on them.
We are committed to equality of opportunity for all staff, applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.