Art Director- (Product Photography)
About the role:<p
The role is working as part of our Creative Production team working closely with Photography, Styling and Post Production to share best practice and ensure global consistency to maintain Farfetch’s high Imagery standards. We are looking for a experienced Creative leader to collaborate in order to drive and deliver new e-commerce Creative initiatives/concepts to enhance the Farfetch brand through our product imagery. You will deliver project imagery briefs to the highest standard both Internally and Externally. This role will head up the Imagery pillar managing 1 direct report in the newly built Creative Services team.
What you’ll do:<p
- You will drive the Farfetch brand aesthetic into our e-commerce product imagery by providing Creative leadership
- You will manage test shoots and Creative Briefs, pre selecting the best options for project approval
- You will promote, test, document and implement changes to current product imagery
- You will work closely with Styling, Photography and Post Production conducting best practice
- You will research and develop techniques and best practices for shooting new categories/projects, and disseminate those practices across the team and/or company
- Demonstrate technical ability to ensure the correct images are captured
- You will guide and coach team members on necessary improvements, provides direct support in specific cases /problems that require more extensive expertise
- You will motivate, educate and inspire team members
- You will manage one direct report
- You will work and support on any ad-hoc company creative projects
- You will be responsible for ensuring that all guidelines and regulations are followed
- You will work as a Farfetch representative on external projects
- Responsible for art direction across all of our Product pages (Still Life and Model Product Photography)
Who you are:
- You are educated to degree level, ideally in Photography, Digital Arts, Graphic Arts/Design, or related
- You have previously worked in E-commerce as an Art Director
- You have knowledge on all areas of product photography, Model, Still Life and Video
- You have 5-8 Years experience in a digital agency /brand or similar role
- You have luxury fashion experience and knowledge is a must
- You have the ability to demonstrate Creative Leadership
- You have management experience in a deadline driven environment
- You have ambition to excel through Creative approach
- You have a comprehensive understanding of internet standards and interactivity
- You have a mature appreciation of the balance between creativity/commerce and commerciality
- You will have a professional portfolio that demonstrates an expert-level knowledge of digital product photography, including lighting, composition, colour quality, and aesthetics across an array of client/brand environments.
- You have a consultative approach with the ability to clearly articulate ideas to gain stakeholder buy-in
- You are an expert proficiency with the current industry-standard software tools
- You have expert knowledge of all stages of the photography/creative process and tools included in digital photography
- A creative eye with excellent attention to detail
- Strong communications skills with the ability to communicate creative ideas and deliver briefs
- You are commercially focused
- You have an agile, approachable attitude with good problem-solving skills and a desire to get involved in all aspects of e-commerce
- You have the ability to work to tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- You have excellent interpersonal skills
- You have an understanding of fashion and luxury brands essential
- You are self-driven and willingness to ‘roll up your sleeves’
- You have project management experience
- You are able to travel Globally
- You have the ability to manage budgets and project costs
- You are able to manage budgets and project costs
- You demonstrate technical expertise and knowledge to confidently achieve results
We can’t wait to receive your application. But before you send it to us, here are some helpful tips to make sure your application is as strong as it can be.
- Have you set out why this role is a good match for your career aspirations and that you have the skills and experience required? We want you to be as clear about your future ambitions as we are and whilst we encourage people to learn, develop and grow, you will need to hit the ground running.
- Have you checked spelling and grammar? We have high standards and you don’t want to miss out because of something as easily correctable as a typo.
We are committed to equality of opportunity for all employees. Applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.