This person will bring a heavy quantitative skillset to the team (the “science”), but also be comfortable working with and embracing the “art” from our fashion / trend focused buying teams. We are looking for a:
- Critical thinker, confident in analyzing trends and patterns in large data sets
- Structured communicator, adept at packaging findings into digestible, actionable insights
- Organized team-player, able to collaborate and drive projects forward with various stakeholders
With us, you will work at the creative, cutting-edge of fashion. You will be part of an innovative team to source the most desired supply through curated boutiques and exceptional luxury brands.
Our Commercial team consists of Buying & Merchandising, Brand Partnerships, Business Development, Account Management, Vendor Funding, Category Management, Commercial and Supply Strategy. Currently a team of 50+ in total, we have grown extensively over the last 3 years and collaborate with almost every team across the business. From building the initial relationships with brands and boutiques, to ensuring customers engage with our extensive range of products, our team is responsible for optimizing all of Farfetch Group’s supply and the strategy behind it.
What you’ll do
- You will answer key business questions that shed light on product and partner performance using a hypothesis-led approach.
- Determine what analyses will help prove or disprove the hypotheses
- Gather the data in SQL and execute the analyses via a range of tools/resources (e.g. Excel, Tableau, Looker)
Prepare your findings in an easily digestible format for key stakeholders (e.g. Looker dashboards, PowerPoint, email)
- You will design and develop new methodologies for analysing data efficiently.
- Prioritise these opportunities based on time saved and value to the business
- Implement robust methodologies with checks to ensure high data quality
- You will collaborate with teams across the business to incorporate their input and deliver cross-functional projects.
- Engage with Business Development, Account Management and Commercial Growth functions to consider the practical challenges of our industry
- Work with Product and Marketing teams to integrate and test commercial metrics in their algorithms
- Innovate and identify projects that the business didn’t even realize it needed
Who you are
- Extensive years of analytical experience (e.g. consulting, data science)
- University degree in an analytical field (e.g. computer science, engineering, maths, economics, statistics)
- Intermediate to advanced Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Experience with data manipulation (e.g. SQL), visualization (e.g. Tableau, Looker), statistical analysis (R or Python), with the ability to code (e.g., PHP) a plus.
- Proven ability to problem solve and provide practical business insights from large, complex data sets
- Comfortable dealing with ambiguity and scoping work with keen attention to detail
- Ability to manage multiple concurrent projects and drive initiatives in a cross-functional environment; Comfortable working to deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Fluency in English, multiple language capabilities is a plus
- Fantastic team fit - tenacity with a smile, real pride in quality of work and an understanding that the ‘how’ you work is just as important!
- Master’s degree in a quantitative field (e.g. computer science, engineering, maths, economics, statistics) or MBA
- Experience in fashion and luxury industries is a plus, but not required