Project Manager – Data Science (Marketing)
Working across all of the global markets, we make sure Farfetch remains high and mighty with both new and existing customers; all the while setting the brand apart from our competitors and making sure we're always one step ahead of the curve.
About the role:
As a fast-growing fashion e-commerce business and one of the UK’s most valuable startups, harnessing the value of the data generated by our operations is critical to Farfetch’s future success.
The marketing data science team is responsible for developing and releasing systems capable of making intelligent, automated decisions across the marketing function. We utilise advanced statistical and machine learning methods on a wide range of data sources, from initial data exploration right through to release and ongoing support.
As project manager, you will work with the data scientists and engineers to coordinate their efforts, assist in the management of stakeholders, assembling the project roadmaps and ensure projects are delivered on-time.
What you’ll do:
- You will manage the creation and maintenance of the work stream roadmaps for the marketing Data Science group, in accordance with group and corporate objectives.
- You will engage with the data science team and both business and technical stakeholders to ensure roadmap delivery.
- You will support the creation of business cases for new initiatives.
- You will coach the business owners within marketing on the data science team capability, identifying opportunities for new projects.
- You will develop a sound knowledge of the marketing domain area and it’s interactions with the other key business areas.
- You have a degree in Information Systems or related field
- You have a proven record of accomplishment in managing a data science or software team’s projects, with demonstrable examples of successful delivery.
- You have previous experience/knowledge in E-Commerce Digital Marketing (Performance Marketing, SEO, CRM)
- You are experienced working in large scale organizations on a multi-national level is a plus
- You are able to build relationships easily with the individuals across the business, at different levels of the organization.
- You are able to manage multiple tasks/priorities simultaneously, respond to work with urgency and understand deadlines
- You have excellent communication skills in English and Portuguese is a plus.
- Your knowledge of the Scrum methodology is a big plus
- You are happy to travel to Porto on occasion
- We can’t wait to receive your application. But before you send it to us, here are some helpful tips to make sure your application is as strong as it can be.
- Have you set out why this role is a good match for your career aspirations and that you have the skills and experience required? We want you to be as clear about your future ambitions as we are and whilst we encourage people to learn, develop and grow, you will need to hit the ground running.
- Have you checked spelling and grammar? We have high standards and you don’t want to miss out because of something as easily correctable as a typo.
- We are committed to equality of opportunity for all employees. Applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.