Test Engineer - Lisboa
Our world class Technology team is at the core of what we do- they both help support the running of the current business as well as explore new and exciting technologies that keep Farfetch truly revolutionizing the industry. Split across 3 main offices- London, Porto and Lisbon, the tech hub is the fastest growing team working across all touchpoints, Web, Mobile and Instore. The teams are committed into turning the company into the leading multi-channel platform and are constantly looking for brilliant people who can help be part of the experience.
In Farfetch, we like to break things and then rebuild it better. Test Engineers at Farfetch are not only manual testers – they have knowledge and write scripts to automate testing. As a Test Engineer, you will learn how to navigate in our codebase and identify the weakness and then in a creative way you are going to help build a world-class e-commerce platform.
What you’ll do:
- Advocate for quality within cross-functional development teams;
- Make testing part of the teams’ development process;
- Review of software requirements and technical specification documentation;
- Specification test scenarios and test cases (both functional and non-functional);
- Execute of tests (both manual and automated);
- Implementation of UI and/or API automated tests;
- Coach other team engineers on test automation best practices;
- Work closely with the automation team to suggest ways to improve our test automation and continuous delivery process and infrastructure;
- Report defects and work closely with other teammates to get them fixed;
- Contribute to Farfetch quality and test automation vision and community.
Who you are:
- Experienced in software testing;
- A person how loves working in agile environments, preferably with Scrum or Kanban;
- Passionate about breaking things;
- Knowledgeable of test management tools like TestRail and defect management tools like JIRA;
- Experienced person on black box testing techniques;
- Passionate for delivering quality software and defending the customer/end-user perspective;
- Curious about UI testing frameworks like Selenium WebDriver;
- You want to become an evangelist of Continuous Integration/Delivery systems like Jenkins or TeamCity;
- Interested in of object oriented programming languages like C# or Java.
We can’t wait to receive your application. But before you send it to us, here are some helpful tips to make sure your application is as strong as it can be.
- Have you set out why this role is a good match for your career aspirations and that you have the skills and experience required? We want you to be as clear about your future ambitions as we are and whilst we encourage people to learn, develop and grow, you will need to hit the ground running.
- Have you checked spelling and grammar? We have high standards and you don’t want to miss out because of something as easily correctable as a typo.
We are committed to equality of opportunity for all employees. Applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.