Senior Production Manager
Unlike anything in the world of fashion and technology
Position: Senior Production Manager
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Reporting to: Head of Production (Portugal)
Benefits: Flexible opt-in benefits including 8 days’ holiday, birthday off, Farfetch/Browns Fashion site discounts, 401k, company equity, medical/dental/vision insurance, flexible spending accounts + more.
Hours of work: As needs and operational demands may necessitate variations in starting and ending times, as well as variations in total hours that may be scheduled each day and week, your hours will be scheduled directly by your manager or supervisor.
About the department:
We are a creative family that works closely together to make sure our customers know every detail about our products before purchasing. We have three primary teams - Styling, Photography, and Content - who make sure customers have an engaging, seamless and luxurious experience. We are focused on continuous improvements and like to encourage everyone to make the most of their talents and contribute ideas.
About the role:
The Senior Production Manager is responsible for providing leadership and direction to the International Production teams; ensuring the efficient and consistent delivery of beautiful, high-quality assets the role will report to the Head of Production.
What you’ll do:
- You will drive the rapid delivery of digital assets and oversee workflow development and implementation over the local studio operations.
- You will ensure that all aspects of product logistics are well developed and maintained to ensure a high level of efficiency and quality.
- You will identify best practices and deliver significant operational and scale efficiencies while also focusing on quality and aesthetic.
- You will communicate with key stakeholders in cross-functional departments to exchange critical information and management processes.
REPORTING & ENGINEERING
- You will define metrics/KPIs aligned with business area strategy and analyze KPIs to identify potential efficiency improvements and determine solution for at-risk areas.
- You will be an active participant in continuous improvement processes by analyzing, recommending, and implementing process improvements to deliver optimal business development.
- You will support the execution of engineering activities that support production operations and process strategy.
- You will identify production process issues and find new process solutions under guidance from more senior staff.
- You will control a defined budget with responsibility for associated cost manage report to Head on a monthly/quarterly basis.
TEAM MANAGEMENT & LEADERSHIP
- You will work with Planning Manager, Commercial, and recruitment team to support significant seasonal peaks and longer-term business growth.
- You will coach & develop more junior team members, inspire, and positively influence team and peers.
- You will ensure effective performance management is conducted and development plans are identified for the team.
- You will recruit and retain highly talented employees to ensure all department goals are achieved.
- You will liaise with the office management & building management to ensure the physical & supply needs of the studio are met.
- You will collaborate with the Head of Production on strategy for the team, making recommendations based on expertise.
- You will translate strategy into a tactical and operational plan, and effectively communicate to team and build, lead and direct a team to execute.
- You will work closely with the global Production team to understand areas of synergy and drive contribution to overall Farfetch strategy.
Who you are:
- You have proven experience leading large teams in a high volume & high quality production environment.
- You have solid, proven experience delivering both operational efficiency and high quality.
- You have understanding of the photography & creative processes and personnel.
- Knowledge and experience in production or supply chain processes (Lean, Kaizen, or equivalent).
- You have technical knowledge and practical experience analysing process & performance oriented data.
- You have a strong, mature presence with ability to engage and inspire.
- You possess extensive people management experience.
- You are an innovative, commercial, and strategic thinker.
- You have the ability to meet tight deadlines and manage high levels of pressure.
- You have excellent communication and stakeholder management skills.
- You are comfortable liaising at all levels within the business.
- You have previous experience successfully managing large financial budgets.
- You are a team player with self-confidence, assertiveness and personal motivation.
- You have the ability to react positively to rapidly evolving business and excel within the dynamic demands.
- You are organized and detail orientated, demonstrating an eye for a luxury aesthetic.
- You have passion and dedication for always exceeding internal and external customer expectations.
We can’t wait to receive your application. But before you send it to us, here are some helpful tips to make sure your application is as strong as it can be.
- Have you set out why this role is a good match for your career aspirations and that you have the skills and experience required? We want you to be as clear about your future ambitions as we are and whilst we encourage people to learn, develop and grow, need to hit the ground running.
- Have you checked spelling and grammar? We have high standards and you don’t want to miss out because of something as easily correctable as a typo.
We are committed to equality of opportunity for all employees. Applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.