Head of Personal Shopping - Private Client, UK and Europe
About the role:
Your teams will contribute to our growth and ambition to be the number one luxury fashion player. In this role, you’ll develop a unique skill set as you partner with senior management and functional leaders to design and implement the Private Client Styling strategy, aiming to engage and drive customer loyalty, with a seamless, exceptional luxury shopping experience.
We’re looking for someone with strong commercial acumen, a deep knowledge of luxury fashion and experience of managing sales turnover. You’ll have a strategic mindset but action oriented, be able to manage senior stakeholders, and most importantly, be a natural leader, committed to developing and motivating a high-performing team.
What you’ll do:
- You’ll collaborate with the Global Director, Private Client to develop the styling strategy with the overall vision of becoming famous for our Private Client Service in every Local Market.
- You’ll translate this strategy into an
executionalplan, focused on growing the Private Client Segment in the UK and Europe.
- You’ll devise sales generating strategies as we move towards a direct sales attribution model.
- You’ll inspire, build, lead and develop the Styling teams, engaging them with the department vision and strategy and ensuring regular and clear communication.
- You’ll coach Private Client Managers on effective team management and leadership tactics.
- You’ll be accountable for team performance providing overall direction and working with Private Client Managers to set goals and KPIs, to ensure best-in-class clienteling and sales generation.
- You’ll review sales activity and partner with Private Client Managers and the People Team to drive a high-performance culture e.g. recognition initiatives, managing underperformance.
- You’ll deputise for the Global Director, Private Client when needed, including attending senior leader meetings and leading the wider Private Client function.
- You’ll keep abreast of competitor Private Client sales strategies, updating the team to identify learning opportunities.
- You’ll collaborate with strategy and research teams to use BI (Business Intelligence) to identify and craft new market opportunities as we scale.
- You’ll collaborate with peer group leaders and marketing teams on acquisition strategies, brand collaborations and partnerships to identify new business opportunities to aggressively grow our Private Client portfolio.
- You’ll partner with local People teams for your regions to attract and develop talent, managing escalated people issues when needed.
- You’ll impact and influence senior stakeholders (including C Level) to facilitate discussion and decisions, to align with the overall global Private Client strategy.
Governance and planning
- You’ll define the regional budget and manage and control the costs and resources for your teams, with P&L ownership.
- You’ll contribute to medium to longer-term planning, including the budgeting process and team resource planning, ensuring resources are in place and operating effectively to meet business goals.
- You’ll take the lead on global projects, as and when required.
Who you are:
- You’ll have proven experience operating at
seniorleadership level, in global, luxury sales organisation(managed a business unit of at least £40m sales turnover).
- You’ll have experience of leading multi-territory sales teams, with a proven track record of exceeding sales targets.
- You’ll be a luxury industry expert with deep knowledge of the wants and needs of the luxury customer.
- You’ll be a natural leader with experience of people management, coaching and developing a team to build a
- You’ll have a strategic
mind-setwith an ability to devise an operational plan.
- You’ll have excellent senior stakeholder management skills, adopting a collaborative yet influencing style.
- You’ll have excellent commercial and financial acumen, and an ability to understand and interpret analytics and financials into recommendations; you’ll have managed a P&L.
- You’ll be a problem solver with an ability to turn a challenge into a solution to
- You’ll have excellent interpersonal and communication skills, able to build relationships across all levels of the
- You’ll be comfortable with ambiguity, adopting a flexible approach.
- You’ll have strong computer literacy and an understanding of the digital world.
- You’ll be willing to travel.