Freelance Senior Sub-Editor (Russian) – Black & White
About the role:
Reporting into the Black & White Content Manager, you will be responsible for sub-editing and translating engaging, on-brand luxury product content, UX and marketing copy. Working with a multitude of varied luxury fashion clients, you will need to switch between copywriting styles fluidly and competently with a keen eye for detail. This role involves proofing all information which appears on the partnered brands’ sites and maintaining high levels of accuracy
Every day will provide a new opportunity and the workload will become increasingly varied as the Black & White team expands its reach.
Flexibility, tenacity and a collaborative attitude are essential for this new role. You will be experienced working in an environment which is fast-paced and deadline driven. Ideally this would have been within a sub-editing or proofreading role.
What you’ll do:
- You will sub-edit and translate copy on both the CMS and live sites according to house style; working to tight daily deadlines to check accuracy of product copy against images as well grammar, spelling and formatting
- You will ensure all copy is clear, concise and localised where relevant
- You will check accuracy of upload including product pages, user interface, technical copy (legal and transactional), creative copy (banners, email, SEO, newsletters) and click-through functionality
- You will develop tone of voice documents for our partnered brands
- You will work with our core copywriting team to ensure tone of voice is kept consistent across all languages
- You will maintain quality of content on product pages
Who you are:
- You are fluent in Russian (Native level)
- You are fluent in English
- You have expert knowledge of luxury fashion brands and products
- You have an excellent writing style that is accurate, engaging and adaptable, with an impeccable use of grammar
- You have proven experience of digital translating, trans-creating and sub-editing
- You have an understanding of garment and accessory construction
- You have the ability to work independently
- You have the ability to work quickly and to agreed daily targets and deadlines with a keen eye for detail
- You are comfortable with digital work on an in-house CMS
We can’t wait to receive your application. But before you send it to us, here are some helpful tips to make sure your application is as strong as it can be.
- Have you set out why this role is a good match for your career aspirations and that you have the skills and experience required? We want you to be as clear about your future ambitions as we are and whilst we encourage people to learn, develop and grow, you will need to hit the ground running.
- Have you checked spelling and grammar? We have high standards and you don’t want to miss out because of something as easily correctable as a typo.
We are committed to equality of opportunity for all employees. Applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.