Internal Controls Specialist
All of our teams play an instrumental role within the business, from developing best practice, delivering strategic projects and helping us to tell our story with data. All our teams work closely together to provide a support network for the business, ensuring the long-term success of Farfetch!
About the role:
The Internal Controls Specialist will report to the Internal Controls Senior Manager. You will have primary responsibility for evaluating the adequacy of internal controls over financial reporting (in both design and application), ad-hoc special projects and Sarbanes-Oxley 404 compliance activities. This includes completion of all scoping and program management deliverables. The Internal Controls Specialist must establish strong working relationships with business and finance management & process owners. Additionally, the Internal Controls Specialist will support other special projects to ensure the company has implemented effective internal controls. This highly visible role will interface with senior management on a multi-functional and multi-regional level.
What you’ll do:
- You will assist the Senior Manager in the development of testing approaches for assigned projects to ensure all key business risks and controls are evaluated
- You will participate in reviews evaluating the adequacy (both design and operating effectiveness) of controls for Farfetch business units and key business processes, including process mapping key financial cycles
- You will complete internal controls test procedures, communicating findings noted from the reviews to the Senior Manager and evaluating and reporting on any identified control deficiencies
- SOX scoping, testing and reporting
- You will execute quarterly control assessments and reporting
- You will support design and remediation of control deficiencies together with the process owners
- You will interact successfully with management, team members, business partners and regulators
- Some business travel will be required, mainly to Porto but also further afield as the business continues to grow
Who you are:
- You are a qualified Accountant (ACA or equivalent) or Internal Auditor (IIA) with up to 2 years post-qualified experience, and a proven internal audit and/ or a SOX background
- You can demonstrate solid experience of flowcharting, documentation and process mapping
- You have excellent technical, analytical and problem solving skills and are comfortable working both in a team and on your own
- You are a highly motivated and organized self-starter, with excellent verbal and written communication skills, interpersonal skills and the ability to interface with all levels of management within the company and across different cultures
- You have a naturally inquisitive, assertive and tenacious character but you are also pragmatic
- You take responsibility for the quality, completeness, efficiency and accuracy of your work, you can manage your time effectively to meet deadlines
- You have the ability to thrive in a fast-paced high growth environment. Experience of similar working environments would be ideal
- Fluency in Portuguese would be an advantage, though not a requirement for this role
We can’t wait to receive your application. But before you send it to us, here are some helpful tips to make sure your application is as strong as it can be.
- Have you set out why this role is a good match for your career aspirations and that you have the skills and experience required? We want you to be as clear about your future ambitions as we are and whilst we encourage people to learn, develop and grow, you will need to hit the ground running.
- Have you checked spelling and grammar? We have high standards and you don’t want to miss out because of something as easily correctable as a typo.
We are committed to equality of opportunity for all employees. Applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.