Project Lead Product Designer (Platform)
About the role:
Initially you’ll lead the product design of our internal CMS which is used to power a growing list of fashion boutiques and brands including Ami, DKNY and Christopher Kane built by our white labelling team 'Black & White'. Beyond this your role could see you leading a range of different projects – this could range from creating an interface for our boutiques to process the orders they receive, to a dashboard interface that maximises the performance and selling potential of our partners.
You’ll extend the platform based on client and strategic requirements. Also, working closely with our research team, you will help to shape the means by which we monitor and test the effectiveness of the products.
As a Lead in the Platform team, you'll help raise the product experience to whole new levels. Your methods and experience should be imparted upon more junior team members via collaborative working, mentoring and peer reviews.
You’re a talented lead end-to-end product designer with previous experience of designing and detailing out CMS systems from scratch. You’ve worked on large, complex technical systems previously – perhaps you have a technical background.
What you’ll do:
- Lead designer for the Black & White CMS for at least the first few months with the opportunity to move on to a variety of other challenging projects beyond that
- Sync and collaborate with the wider platform UX team to align our Platform products
- Lead by example – collaborate with and mentor junior designers
- Work collaboratively within an agile process with; other UX designers, digital designers, product owners, project managers, UI and back end developers
- Deﬁne and communicate the UX direction using appropriate tools and deliverables to describe intent
- Champion user experience and advocate the best design for our end users
- Bring inspiring ideas and motivation to an energetic and collaborative team
Who you are:
- Ideally, 8+ years’ experience as a digital product designer
- You are able to demonstrate the process and outcome of the evidence-based approach that you’ve employed on previous projects
- Highly collaborative
- BA/BSc/MA in HCI, Information Systems, Computer Science, Graphic Design or similar preferred
- Experience working on Platform products e.g. an intranet
- Experience working in fashion, e-commerce and/or a digital creative agency a plus
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Able and willing to travel to other Farfetch offices when required
- Be curious about how things work and have a passion for emerging technologies and all things interactive.
- Proficient in rapid prototyping
We can’t wait to receive your application. But before you send it to us, here are some helpful tips to make sure your application is as strong as it can be.
- Have you set out why this role is a good match for your career aspirations and that you have the skills and experience required? We want you to be as clear about your future ambitions as we are and whilst we encourage people to learn, develop and grow, you will need to hit the ground running.
- Have you checked spelling and grammar? We have high standards and you don’t want to miss out because of something as easily correctable as a typo.
We are committed to equality of opportunity for all employees. Applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.