Junior Data Scientist
Farfetch is building the next-generation intelligent platform for online luxury fashion, powered by large-scale data and state of the art Machine Learning, Deep Learning and Computer Vision algorithms. You will join a talented team of Data Scientists, Engineers and Product designers to help build and optimize, through research and experimentation, our data-driven products.
What you'll do:
- Design and develop state of the art algorithms in the area of Recommender systems;
- Conduct practical research with a scientific mindset, and a focus on delivery;
- Work closely with the engineering team to integrate ML algorithms into the platform;
- Engage with business stakeholders, product managers and designers to help deliver a shared vision of a luxury fashion recommender system
- Scientific and technical publications are possible and encouraged.
Who you are:
- MSc or PhD in a quantitative discipline: Machine Learning, Computer Science, Statistics, Applied Mathematics, Physics or related areas.
- Hands-on experience with Recommender Systems. Practical contact with large-scale recommender systems in production is a plus.
- Knowledge of online testing methodologies (AB Testing, Multi-armed bandits). Experience designing and analysing online experiments is highly valued.
- Fluent in Python and common numerical and ML packages (NumPy, SciPy, Scikit-Learn, Pandas, Keras, TensorFlow, PyTorch, PySpark). Experience developing production software is a plus.
- Experience dealing with large amounts of data and knowledge of big data technologies is a plus (Spark, Hive, Hadoop, DataBricks).
- Strong English skills, both written and spoken.