Operations Client Manager, Black & White
Unlike anything in the world of fashion and technology
Position: Operations Client Manager, Black & White
Location: New York, US
Reporting to: Head of Operations, Black & White
Benefits: Flexible opt-in benefits including 8 days’ holiday, birthday off, Farfetch/Browns Fashion site discounts, 401k, company equity, medical/dental/vision insurance, flexible spending accounts + more.
Hours of work: As needs and operational demands may necessitate variations in starting and ending times, as well as variations in total hours that may be scheduled each day and week, your hours will be scheduled directly by your manager or supervisor.
Who we are
Farfetch is unlike anything in the world of fashion and technology.
Our mission: to revolutionize the way the world shops.
To do it, we need innovators. People who challenge convention and dare to dream.
We’ve gone from a start-up to a billion dollar business. But we’re not done yet. Far from it.
Together, we can be extraordinary
We have rapidly grown into a truly global company since our launch in 2008 and we are continuing to grow. Our family now includes partner boutiques and brands across Europe, North and South America and Asia; we demonstrate our ‘Think Global’ value in everything we do.
We are a global team of over 1,500 people and have offices based in London, New York, L.A., Porto, Guimaraes, Lisbon, Sao Paulo, Shanghai, Moscow, Hong Kong & Tokyo.
We are a company with an entrepreneurial spirit and innovative culture. We are positive, passionate and live our values: Be Human, Be Brilliant, Todos Juntos, Be Revolutionary, Think Global and Amaze Customers day to day.
Platform Operations plays a crucial role when it comes to launching new websites for Black&White brands and other new initiatives by which we offer e-commerce services to other companies. Our responsibility is to understand the needs of the client and design the best solution when it comes to Payments, Fraud, Shipping & Delivery, Customer Service. After the solution is live, we are also in charge of the client support, advising the brand on how to offer a world- class service to the end customer.
About the role:
As Operations Client Manager you are expected to be a trusted advisor to Black&White clients, addressing their business needs, strategic goals, and operational (recommended) targets. You are responsible for ensuring that all operational/technical activities are closely aligned with the strategy for each partner, allowing the full potential of the partnership to be achieved. You will design, plan, implement and/or support solutions that will drive partners to achieve operational success with Black&White. You will work in alignment with the E-Commerce specialists, being the main points of contact to the brand.
- You will be the champion client engagement by developing relationships with the client’s key decision makers when it comes to Operational matters (Payments & Fraud, Shipping & Delivery, Order fulfilment, Customer Service).
- You will manage onboarding effectively so that the foundations of the partnership are well established since the website launch.
- You will lead the development of operational solutions based on client requirements or opportunities that you may identify.
- You will focus on continuously delivering business & technical value as the partnership evolves, involving different stakeholders when required.
- You will support partners with speed, quality and service on every communication channel.
- You will autonomously identify and solve operational problems related with our back-office tools or involve other teams when required.
- You will drive partner satisfaction by providing effective and reliable support.
- You will be the internal voice of clients from an operational perspective which includes monitoring internal SLAs so that we provide a world-class service.
- You will work closely with the E-Commerce specialists, aligning the actions and working as a team.
- You will monitor operational KPIs, trend spot brand’s behaviors, and proactively seek solutions for recurring issues.
- You will constructively challenge clients to improve their operational processes.
- You will develop and implement tailored success plans maximizing client’s performance.
- You will anticipate business risks based on existing data and historical behaviors and implement corrective measures.
- You will build and present monthly/quarterly/seasonal business reviews.
- You will focus on a specific portfolio of clients according to Head of Operations guidelines.
Who you are:
- You are experienced in a B2B environment.
- You are passionate for providing exceptional service to both internal and external customers.
- You are a professional with excellent verbal and written communication skills with all levels of the organization.
- You are organized with action planning skills.
- You are detail-oriented with an aptitude for process optimization;
- You are a professional with an analytical mindset and able to extract, interpret and story tell data.
- You are empathetic and with a unique ability to extract and understand customer needs.
- You are a professional with proven experience in implementing successful strategies and achieving ROI and other measures of success.
- You are capable to multi-task and shift focus as required, with an excellent sense of prioritization and timing.
- You are independent, self-sufficient, and also with strong inter-personal skills.
- You are able to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
- You are able to work across teams with a collaborative approach.
- You are a professional with commercial sense and problem-solving skills.
- You are experienced in Retail operations.
- You are experienced in and knowledgeable of E-commerce.
- You are a professional with an understanding of luxury customers (a plus).
- You are 3 years’ experienced in success/account management environment (sales can also be considered).
- You are fluent in written and spoken English (C level).
- You are a professional with advanced Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Powerpoint skills.
We can’t wait to receive your application. But before you send it to us, here are some helpful tips to make sure your application is as strong as it can be.
- Have you set out why this role is a good match for your career aspirations and that you have the skills and experience required? We want you to be as clear about your future ambitions as we are and whilst we encourage people to learn, develop and grow, you will need to hit the ground running.
- Have you checked spelling and grammar? We have high standards and you don’t want to miss out because of something as easily correctable as a typo.
We are committed to equality of opportunity for all employees. Applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.