Senior Commercial Planner
We collaborate with almost every team across the business, which keeps things varied and exciting! From building relationships with our partners, brands and boutiques to making sure that all of our products look beautiful on our site; we have a big part to play in everything we do.
About the role:
Our Commercial Planning team is looking for a unique individual to build and run the Supply and Demand planning. Central to the company, you will understand the underlying trend of our business, identifying the greatest selection of luxury products and develop supply plan and strategy for the ongoing and upcoming seasons.
This person will bring a heavy quantitative skillset to the team (the “science”), but also be comfortable working with and embracing the “art” from our fashion / trend focused buying teams. We are looking for a:
- Strategic thinker, able to develop and strengthen Planning process and methodology
- Strong team player, ready to collaborate and build with various stakeholder
- Structured communicator, able to package the results into digestible and actionable messages
What you’ll do
- You will develop advanced Supply & Planning methodologies, tools, and processes in order to drive the business effectively.
- Producing the unconstrained and forward-looking Supply and Demand projection, to engage pro-active actions on the upcoming seasons.
- Analysing the current supply status and turning it into actionable insights, maximising and optimising the sustainable growth of the company.
- Improving continuously the business process to pilot successfully the company strategy and its operations.
- You will answer key business questions shedding light on product and partner performances.
- You will drive and lead deep dive analysis to answer business challenges and key stakeholders questions.
- You will collaborate with other key stakeholders from the Supply and Demand side of the business, to incorporate their qualitative input and to action on yours.
- Work with Business Development, Account Management and Commercial Growth and Pricing functions to consider the practical challenges of our industry.
- Deliver your findings to the Buying and Merchandising departments to transform Supply and Demand signal into specific products.
- Work with finance to validate your forecasts and ensure both assumptions are in line.
- Innovate, identify opportunities and lead projects that will solidify our business and the way we operate.
Who you are
- Experiences in Supply and Demand Planning and/or Consulting
- You have a Master degree or a MBA
- Excellent planning, organizational skills and strong attention to detail
- Exceptional analytical and quantitative problem-solving skills
- Advanced forecasting and data modelling techniques
- Ability to influence change in senior stakeholders
- Strategic thinker with an emphasis on operational and commercial excellence
- You have a flexible, approachable attitude with good problem-solving skills
- Comfortable dealing with ambiguity and scoping work focus
- Comfortable working to deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- You have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- You have technical skills for processing and analysing large amounts of data:
- Excel and SQL (required), R, Matlab, Python (is a plus)
- An understanding of fashion and luxury is a bonus
- Fantastic team fit - tenacity with a smile, real pride in quality of work and an understanding that the ‘how’ you work is just as important!
We can’t wait to receive your application. But before you send it to us, here are some helpful tips to make sure your application is as strong as it can be.
- Have you set out why this role is a good match for your career aspirations and that you have the skills and experience required? We want you to be as clear about your future ambitions as we are and whilst we encourage people to learn, develop and grow, you will need to hit the ground running.
- Have you checked spelling and grammar? We have high standards and you don’t want to miss out because of something as easily correctable as a typo.
We are committed to equality of opportunity for all employees. Applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.