Senior .NET Developer
Our world class Technology team is at the core of what we do. The team helps support the running of the current business and explores new and exciting technologies that keep Farfetch truly revolutionising the industry. Split across 3 main offices- London, Porto and Lisbon, the tech hub is the fastest growing team working across all touch points, Web, Mobile and Instore. The team is committed into turning the company into the leading multi-channel platform.
We are looking for Senior .NET Developers to join our growing Technology Team and help build the next number one high-fashion platform with over 5 million hits a month.
What you'll do:
- Develop software applications for backoffice or website infrastructures;
- Stay up to speed with all backend and web technologies, software architecture principles and design patterns;
- Have knowledge on performance and security topics;
- Have an understanding of the full development lifecycle with emphasis on software quality processes;
- Actively participate in the training and building skills of junior developers.
Who you are:
- A professional with a minimum of 5 years of experience with Microsoft development tools and programming languages;
- Experienced in object oriented languages (C#, VB.NET or Java);
- Proficient in using ASP.NET, MVC, WebAPI and unit testing frameworks;
- Knowledgeable of SQL language and experience using relational databases with preference for SQL Server;
- Experienced in NoSQL database is a plus;
- Experienced in SOA architecture;
- Experienced in working with SCRUM methodologies a plus;
- An excellent team worker and with communication skills;
- Skilled in problem solving and with a proactive attitude.
We love hearing from you and want you to be as ambitious as we are, but before applying please ask yourself the following…
- Is this role a good match for me and my long term goals? We want to really know why you have chosen this career.
- Do I have all the skills and experience required for this role? Be realistic. We will only consider applications that demonstrate relevant skills or the potential to match the role requirements.
- Spell Check. As simple as it sounds make sure your application is to the highest standard. You will be surprised at how many applications we receive with spelling mistakes on them.
We are committed to equality of opportunity for all staff, applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships