Global Photography Manager
About the department:
We're a creative family that works closely together to make sure our customers know every last detail about our products before purchasing. We have three primary teams - Styling, Photography, and Content - who make sure customers have an engaging, seamless and luxurious experience. We're focused on continuous improvements and like to encourage everyone to make the most of their talents and contribute ideas.
About the role:
Farfetch is enterprising in its vast and unique fashion proposition- It is therefore essential that the Product imagery is reflective of our USP and is a key driver in raising the fashion credibility of the site. In order to achieve this Global Photography Manager will be a pivotal driving force; working to consistently elevate the photography and image on site. This role will be based in London with a dotted line to photography leads and managers in global studio locations.
What you’ll do:
- Reporting to Head of Creative Services and working in collaboration with the Art Director to define an aspirational and informative vision for ecommerce photography, with a process that can be executed within the Farfetch studios globally.
- Improve quality and consistency of our photography and overall customer experience whilst considering production needs.
- Be a dotted line manager, but not direct management of the Photography Managers/Leads globally.
- Define a global training programme to develop the photography knowledge and education in the Digital Production teams
- Provide robust and cohesive feedback on any new implementations ensuring a smooth transition into our process.
- Drive and lead photography quality off-sites/training sessions
- Research photography and video technology to ensure market leadership and process efficiency.
- Work closely with the e-commerce creative team to ensure cohesive ‘Build our Brand’ Imagery looping the bridge with Editorial.
- Give direction and guidance to Post Production teams where required.
- Support Head of Production/Production Director on photography creative management for the production function
- Provide Photography direction and feedback on model, flats and Stills/Product Styling
- Coach and mentor the Senior Imagery Specialist/ Photography leads, ensuring correct support is actioned on the ground to areas with gaps of development.
Who you are:
- Ambitious and driven with an impeccable work ethic
- An expert understanding of photography and video techniques, lighting and colour
- Experience leading and implementing new processes across multiple teams.
- Preferably management experience leading an in-house studio team with high volume / high quality production line environment
- Knowledge of fashion and photography trends with a keen interest in designers and brands
- 4-8 years proven photography experience within editorial and e-commerce
- Strong managerial experience with a confident, authoritative presence capable of building teams to execute quality delivery
- Proactive approach to driving changes within limited time frames
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to work under pressure and re-prioritize according to business requirements.
- Excellent communication and people management skills.
- A passion for product, and crucially or always exceeding internal and external customer expectations.
- Previous ecommerce experience within fashion retail- ideally focussed in the luxury market.