Lead Data Analyst
We have rapidly grown into a truly global company since our launch in 2008 and we’re continuing to grow. Our family now includes partner boutiques and brands across Europe, North and South America and Asia; we demonstrate our ‘Think Global’ value in everything we do.
We are a global team of over 1,500 people and have offices based in London, New York, L.A., Porto, Guimaraes, Lisbon, Sao Paulo, Shanghai, Moscow, Hong Kong & Tokyo.
We are a company with an entrepreneurial spirit and innovative culture. We are positive, passionate and live our values: Be Human, Be Brilliant, Todos Juntos, Be Revolutionary, Think Global and Amaze Customers day to day.
Our world class Product team is responsible for our customer’s journey through our platforms. Developing our website, mobile app and back office systems, they help to create the iconic ‘Farfetch’ look and feel, and champion our customers by designing impactful products and loveable experiences that satisfy their wants & needs. They’re true ambassadors of our business and ensure we're at the forefront of the latest technology while demonstrating our ‘Be Revolutionary’ value. The Product teams are based across our offices in London, Porto and Lisbon, and so living our ‘Todos Juntos’ and ‘Think Global’ values are really important to how we succeed together.
The Product Analytics team supports all Product clusters, delivering analysis and insight that champions our customers and drives data driven decisioning and maximises value.
This role requires a strategic business thinker who can manage a talented team to deliver high value analysis from our vast datasets, in an agile fashion – increasing sales through improved customer experience, website and app conversion, and AB testing.
We’re looking for a proactive candidate who can not only produce brilliant analysis, but who is commercially aware, will influence business priorities, drive improvements in our toolset & data roadmap, and provide inspirational management and personal development for our fabulous team.
This is a new role to support our Product clusters who are based in Lisbon, and are currently supported by our analytics team in Porto. These clusters include Product development for Marketing, and our Shopping Experience team - which includes Navigation, Wishlist and Shopping Bag. Analytical experience in these areas of web development, or marketing and merchandising, is an advantage.
Reporting into the Head of Product Analytics, this role is critical to us developing our analytics for this part of the site, and we are looking for a candidate who can shape this team, with 2-3 senior/junior analysts to recruit for in H2. You will be a critical part of the whole Product Analytics management team, working closely with the existing team of 10 analysts based in Porto & London, and we expect you to play a leading role in shaping who we are and what we do - to add most value to Farfetch, and keep this a brilliant place to work. In return you can expect an opportunity to shine, plenty of support from a talented team, and a friendly and positive working environment.
What you'll do:
- Coordinate and coach the Product Analytics team, including activity planning and refining working methodologies, in order to ensure we deliver maximum insight and value to the Product teams, in an agile fashion, and on time and accurately
- Act as a partner to Product clusters and the Product leadership team, understanding & influencing their business goals, initiatives in plan, resourcing and how we measure success
- Collaborate with the research, data science and data teams across Farfetch to create one impactful story, share best practice, form joint roadmaps and avoid duplication
- Deliver great analysis using SQL and BI tools, and our vast and varied datasets, providing high value and actionable insight
- Recommend and analyse A/B or multivariate tests, using statistical analysis
- Formulating success metrics for Product clusters, creating dashboards/reports to monitor them
- Recommend both strategic and agile solutions
- Work with the data & BI teams to ensure data and reporting is timely and accurate
Who you are:
- Highly experienced in the Data Analytics field, using SQL on vast datasets (minimum 5 years)
- Experienced in team management and leadership roles (minimum 1 year)
- Able to leverage data analysis to solve real-world problems, create solutions and deliver business results - with plenty of examples
- Excellent strategic thinker with solid analytical skills, ideally developed in a commercial role (preferably within an Internet or retail/consumer products business and/or management consulting)
- A graduate (bachelor degree or higher) from Computer Science, Math, Engineering, Statistics or similar discipline
- Experienced with BI/data visualization tools (eg; SSRS, Tableau, Looker, Qlikview etc. and Excel)
- Able to communicate, influence and give presentations to all audiences
- Fluent in the English language, both written and spoken
- Enjoys working in a fast moving operational environment, and gets involved in shaping change
- Enthusiastic and with a positive attitude
- Committed to provide a high level of customer service to internal customers
- Experience in analytics for Product, Marketing or Merchandising is an advantage