Customer Behaviour Manager
Working across all of the global markets, we make sure Farfetch remains high and mighty with both new and existing customers; all the while setting the brand apart from our competitors and making sure we're always one step ahead of the curve.
About the role:
We are looking for a Customer Insight Lead to drive world-class customer behaviour analytics at Farfetch. The ultimate objective is to deliver actionable insights that will empower key stakeholders in Marketing and beyond to make customer data-driven decisions. This position requires a person who has strong commercial sense but is also highly numerate, finding great satisfaction in distilling vast amounts of data into insights that will heighten our understanding of the luxury fashion customer.
The role will suit someone who is looking for a career opportunity in a fast-paced, start-up environment and is looking to make an immediate impact. You will be a part of the Marketing Research & Analytics team that supports a wide range of marketing teams globally, including the digital marketing channels (SEO, Affiliates, PPC, Display, Email, Push), Media Solutions, Marketing Partnerships, and Editorial. You will also have the opportunity to work closely with other functions, such as Business Intelligence and Product Development.
What you’ll do:
- You will advise senior stakeholders, from channel managers to the CMO, on their customer acquisition/retention strategies using our customer engagement and transaction data
- You will answer key business questions using a hypothesis-led approach
- You will determine the analyses required to prove/disprove the hypotheses
- You will manage and mentor a group of analysts to execute statistically robust analyses, develop actionable insights and communicate results effectively
- You will support CRM in designing, monitoring and ensuring the success of the loyalty programme
- You will understand the business objectives of the loyalty programme and its success metrics
- You will evaluate loyalty programme performance and identify opportunities/development areas by customer segment
- You will drive thought leadership and innovation in customer insight analytics
- You will define analytics projects with high commercial value by synthesising input from senior stakeholders and world-class examples from within the retail industry
- You will work with Business Intelligence and Product Development to unlock new sources of customer data whilst ensuring data privacy compliance
- You will design, build and automate reporting and data visualisations
- You will collaborate with other functions to add insight depth and to help operationalise insights
- You will work with Marketing Research to understand the ‘why’ behind customer behaviour trends manifested in the engagement/transaction data
- You will work with Data Science to develop scalable ways to classify and predict customer behaviour
Who you are:
- You have relevant experience in retail industry or management consulting
- You have a university degree in physical sciences, math’s, economics or engineering; MBA a plus
- You have a strong commercial sense with the ability to assess business value of an analytics project and to develop insights that are truly actionable for marketing managers
- You have a flexible, approachable attitude with good problem solving skills
- You are comfortable dealing with ambiguity and scoping work with keen attention to detail
- You are comfortable working to deadlines in a fast paced environment
- You have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Your technical skills for processing and analysing large amounts of data are a great attribute:
- You have experience using Excel and SQL
- You have a working understanding of web analysis tools such as Google Analytics
- You have good technical knowledge of tracking systems and websites, BI, data warehousing, etc.
- You have a great understanding of fashion and luxury fashion in a retail environment is a plus
We cannot wait to receive your application. However, before you send it to us, here are some helpful tips to make sure your application is as strong as it can be.
- Have you set out why this role is a good match for your career aspirations and that you have the skills and experience required? We want you to be as clear about your future ambitions as we are and whilst we encourage people to learn, develop and grow, you will need to hit the ground running.
- Have you checked spelling and grammar? We have high standards and you don’t want to miss out because of something as easily correctable as a typo.
We are committed to equality of opportunity for all employees. Applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.