Junior VAT Associate
We're a truly global team with a presence in all of our locations around the world. Our biggest teams are based in the UK and Portugal. Our team in Porto focuses on financial reporting and operations, while the Group Finance team in London is made up of Tax, Legal, Treasury and Commercial Finance.
All of our teams play an instrumental role within the business, from developing best practice, delivering strategic projects and helping us to telling our story with data. All our teams work closely together to provide a support network for the business, ensuring the long-term success of Farfetch!
FARFETCH’s tax team has global reach to all the Groups tax affairs and is growing on a fast-pace.
Divided between Porto and London – with both English and Portuguese specialists, aims to provide top class in house consultancy services and maximize the relevance of tax function within FARFETCH.
The newly created role will give you a unique view on FARFETCH’s indirect tax affairs, as you will be part of indirect tax subgroup team and therefore responsible to provide technical support in compliance procedures and improvements to our internal teams, handle indirect tax compliance matters and deal with external consultants.
You will also assist senior members of the team, providing technical support to several areas of the business and analyse indirect tax information to assist in the development of recommendations and implementation plans for complex workstreams and decision-making areas.
As you will be joining a multidisciplinary tax team, on-the-job training, mentorship, learning and exposure to stakeholders are all on offer.
What you’ll do:
- Assist senior members of team in day-to-day support to FARFETCH on indirect tax issues and questions, including indirect tax compliance issues and queries;
- Audit transactions and procedures within the Group to provide indirect tax compliance and / or offer solutions, and improvements proposals;
- Review indirect tax returns prepared by our consultants for accuracy and issues;
- Ensure all indirect tax returns, payments, reconciliations, assessments, notices and audits are concluded on time;
- Audit transactions and correspondent compliance procedures within the Group to provide indirect tax assurance and / or offer solutions, and improvements proposals;
- Identify opportunities for effective and efficient indirect tax compliance processes;
- Research and analyse indirect tax issues related to FARFETCH’s activity;
- Monitor possible issues and opportunities that are relevant for FARFETCH;
- Maintain good working knowledge of indirect tax legislation and procedures.
Who you are:
- Degreed in Economics, Management, Accounting, Law or similar subject;
- Fluent in English (written and spoken);
- Have indirect tax consultancy experience, with minimum of 2-3years of experience Excellent team working player with ability to interact with different departments;
- Analytical and have quantitative problem-solving skills;
- Results driven mind-set and able to deal with stress;
- Dynamic and pro-active with high sense of responsibility and autonomy;
- Experienced user of Microsoft Office, mainly Excel; and,
- Committed to develop your talents and knowledge into new areas as well as to think creatively.
We can’t wait to receive your application. But before you send it to us, here are some helpful tips to make sure your application is as strong as it can be.
- Have you set out why this role is a good match for your career aspirations and that you have the skills and experience required? We want you to be as clear about your future ambitions as we are and whilst we encourage people to learn, develop and grow, you will need to hit the ground running.
- Have you checked spelling and grammar? We have high standards and you don’t want to miss out because of something as easily correctable as a typo.
We are committed to equality of opportunity for all employees. Applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.