Project Lead Product Designer - Platform
We’re ambassadors for the business, pushing the boundaries of what's technologically possible, and creating most of the platforms that we use from scratch. We like to apply a bit of revolutionary thinking to everything we do.
About the role:
You’ll work on some of the most challenging and strategically significant projects – shaping the vision of your product area and potentially projects in the wider platform that require your talent. You’ll perform the role of a product area expert – responsible for understanding the depths of that area, lifting the standard of work and passing that knowledge on to others.
You have impressive hands-on experience in shaping the overall approach for large, end-to-end projects for complex digital product solutions. Ensuring that your work is impactful is essential to you and as such you employ a lean, lightweight and evidence-based approach.
You’re a team player who recognises that your efforts are one significant part of a much bigger picture. You’re used to working closely with a multi-disciplined team of developers, researchers, other designers and product owners to problem solve and learn fast.
What you’ll do:
- You will be the Lead hands-on designer for a product area on the Platform Design Team
- You will sync and collaborate with the wider platform UX team to align our platform products
- You will lead by example – collaborate with and mentor junior designers
- You will work collaboratively within an agile process with; other UX designers, digital designers, product owners, project managers, UI and back end developers
- You will deﬁne and communicate the UX direction using appropriate tools and deliverables to describe intent
- You will champion user experience and advocate the best design for our end users
- You will bring inspiring ideas and motivation to an energetic and collaborative team
- You will step up and represent the design team internally and externally sharing what we’re capable of and the impact we have
Who you are:
- You have ideally, 8+ years' experience as a digital product designer
- You are able to demonstrate the process and outcome of the evidence-based approach that you’ve employed on previous projects
- You are highly collaborative
- You are educated to BA/BSc/MA in HCI level in Information Systems, Computer Science, Graphic Design or similar preferred
- You are experienced in working on platform products e.g. an intranet
- You are experienced in working in fashion, e-commerce and/or a digital creative agency a plus
- You have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- You are able and willing to travel to other Farfetch offices when required
- You are curious about how things work and have a passion for emerging technologies and all things interactive.
- You are proficient in rapid prototyping
We can’t wait to receive your application. But before you send it to us, here are some helpful tips to make sure your application is as strong as it can be.
- Have you set out why this role is a good match for your career aspirations and that you have the skills and experience required? We want you to be as clear about your future ambitions as we are and whilst we encourage people to learn, develop and grow, you will need to hit the ground running.
- Have you checked spelling and grammar? We have high standards and you don’t want to miss out because of something as easily correctable as a typo.
We are committed to equality of opportunity for all employees. Applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.