Senior Marketing Analytics Manager
Working across all of the global markets, we make sure Farfetch remains high and mighty with both new and existing customers; all the while setting the brand apart from our competitors and making sure we're always one step ahead of the curve.
About the role:
We are looking for a Digital Marketing Analytics Manager to build world-class analytics capabilities that will support key digital marketing channels: SEO, PPC, Affiliates, Display, Email, Push and Social. You are expected to develop data-driven, actionable recommendations to senior marketing leaders, from the Director of Acquisition/CRM to the CMO. You will also be responsible for updating our shareholders on overall and individual channel performance and identifying the key drivers.
The role will suit someone who is looking for a career opportunity in a fast-paced, start-up environment and is looking to make an immediate impact. You will likely have strong commercial sense but are also highly numerate, finding great satisfaction in distilling vast amounts of data into actionable insights and recommendations that drive value for the business. You will be a part of the Marketing Research & Analytics team that supports a wide range of marketing teams globally. You will also have the opportunity to work closely with other key business functions, such as Finance, Business Intelligence and Data Science.
What you’ll do:
- You will demonstrate expertise in how paid and non-paid digital marketing channels (PPC, Display, Affiliates, Organic, Email, Push, Social) work together and what constitutes an optimal multi-channel strategy in key markets. For example, you will work with senior leaders on the following:
- Analyse performance of revenue and cost drivers by channel and identify internal/external factors that impacted these drivers (e.g. Black Friday performance)
- Advise on cost of sale targets based on quality of traffic by channel
- Identify and prioritise opportunities to acquire and retain high-quality customers cost effectively
- Develop business cases for marketing initiatives based on size of the opportunity (e.g. app install campaigns, brand marketing campaigns)
- Guide channel managers on how to design statistically robust campaign tests and analyse their revenue impact
- You will challenge the team to take analytical methodologies to the next level. For example, you will:
- Learn the latest data platforms and tools available in the industry and contribute to vendor evaluation exercises
- Develop a hypothesis-driven approach for answering key business questions and conducting analyses for strategic decisions (e.g. capital allocation by channel and market)
- Manage and mentor a group of analysts to execute statistically robust analyses, build recommendations and prepare results in a digestible format
- You will collaborate with other teams in Marketing and beyond on exciting projects that have massive impact on the business. For example, you can:
- Work with the Brand team to develop a repeatable model for building and maintaining brand awareness with prospects and customers globally
- Work with the Financial Planning & Analytics team to assess revenue and profit growth of key markets when evaluating potential partnerships with 3rd parties
- Work with Editorial team on determining content and layout that drives the most high-quality traffic and ultimately conversions
Who you are:
- You have experience in digital marketing or web analytics in-house at a B2C company or at an agency
- You have a university degree must be in physical sciences, math’s, economics or engineering; Master’s degree in the above is a plus
- You have demonstrable knowledge of the following digital marketing fundamentals:
- Conversion funnels
- Tracking/measuring campaigns and KPIs
- Advertising pricing models
- You have previous experience processing and analysing large amounts of data:
- Advanced skills in data analysis and statistical modelling using data mining languages (e.g. SQL, Python, R)
- A working understanding of data extraction/warehousing, web analysis tools (e.g. Google Analytics, Omniture) and attribution platforms (e.g. VisualIQ, Adometry)
- You have strong commercial sense with ability to assess business value of an analytics project and to develop insights that are truly actionable for channel managers
- You have excellent verbal and written communication skills
We cannot wait to receive your application. However, before you send it to us, here are some helpful tips to make sure your application is as strong as it can be.
- Have you set out why this role is a good match for your career aspirations and that you have the skills and experience required? We want you to be as clear about your future ambitions as we are and whilst we encourage people to learn, develop and grow, you will need to hit the ground running.
- Have you checked spelling and grammar? We have high standards and you don’t want to miss out because of something as easily correctable as a typo.
We are committed to equality of opportunity for all employees. Applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.